Problems Omnisphere 2 not saving patches...

Discussion in 'Software' started by severn, Jun 20, 2015.

1. shomyca

shomyca Producer

So annoying. I tried CavEmps's fix, didn't work for me :(

2. koschke

koschke Noisemaker

3. shomyca

shomyca Producer

In ProgramData/Spectrasonics I have 4 files:

AUDIO11.DAT
    AUDIO13.DAT
    AUDIO14.DAT
    AUDIO16.DAT

I removed all of them, then started Omni, just one was generated AUDIO16.DAT. I deleted that one, and brought back the old AUDIO16.DAT, did the authorisation again...everything worked except now EVERY ime I close omni and the project the patches are lost. Now I brought back the AUDIO14.DAT also, after I tried once to close and openthe project the patches were there, saved. Now, the epic question...when is it going to strike again? We'll see.

The other two, 11 and 13 are for Trilian and Stylus...except I didn't have to delete newly generated files and bring back the old ones, I just did the authorisation with new files, and everything works fine :dunno:

4. fredmiche

fredmiche Newbie

Same problem for me on windows 7 and Cubase 8.5
    The only solution for now is to save multi every time ..
    And it's boring!

5. jynx

jynx Platinum Record

I initially had an issue with patches not being recalled which i never did sort out,and the other day i installed trillian.........and now all of a sudden my steam folder has buggered off for omnisphere2 and asks for the location, then when i tell the sodding computer where it is i get a " computer says no" error msg....bloody stupid thing...........lol.............soz i cant help yas out......

6. shomyca

shomyca Producer

I was doing the same, until one of those saved-by-me multis opened as empty :(

So I don't count on that anymore. Now I am taking the print screen of the multi screen...but that can't work for deeply edited presets :dunno:

7. fredmiche

fredmiche Newbie

thank you for the info shomyca
    Right now I work on a title that since using the method to save the multi works well anyway.
    I still take my precautions as you tells me.
    To be continued.

8. lipso

lipso Newbie

found a fix! run omnisphere through komplete kontrol and the patches load up in projects. works perfectly, recalls patches perfectly. I only tried this after buying the s61 keyboard so I don't know if this fix will work without owning a piece of NI hardware

9. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Hm, makes no sense...I would say...wait for it :yes:

10. koschke

koschke Noisemaker

Hey lipso,
    thx for the info i am going to try it through the komplete kontrol but do you use the KK update from this side because its not working for me.
    In my Komplete Kontrol some libraries are still in Demo mode.:dunno:

11. lipso

lipso Newbie

Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 13.22.11.png
    I had KK from Audioz but wasnt working so i got it from NI officially. it took a while to get my KK to run properly even from NI officially. i cant remember all the steps i took, but bottom line is, if you can get kk to run fully then you can load omnisphere through it by scanning for external plug ins... kk is now recalling all my saved omnisphere settings perfectly

12. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

I found a trick. It seems it has issues recalling patches after you save a project in your daw. Enable Live Mode. Seems to only work with live mode for some reason. Enable live mode before you save your project. I have had no issues since. Then when you reload your project disable live mode do your edits render song or whatever. Then again Before Saving your Project... Enable Live Mode<<<<<<<< Very critical.

This also works on prev. projects that had these issues. All I did was keep live mode enabled before I saved.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Very interesting. Will try. Keep posting pls if something changes. Thx

14. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Still going great. I have edited, changed patches even. All is still well. Just hit the Live Mode folks. I think it is because in live mode it is all stored in a separate or different way other than stack or neither. I'll have to research this part more to explain better. All I know is it works. Just a note: I am using FL Studio 12. So things might differ ( maybe ) in other daws. Forgot to mention that above or below depending on how you have your forum settings. Anyways, hope this helps everyone that has been having issues.

15. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

I have an idea, didn't try it cuz my Mac was broken, but what about Blue Cat's Patchwork? it would work the same way like Komplete Kontrol... Somebody testing it?

16. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Seems this only works with one instance of omnispere. Buggar! lol. I might try it with FL Studios patcher. I don't have the other plugins mentioned above. But, patcher basically works in the same way.

17. Caldera

Caldera Producer

Patches are saved in Studio One 3 with version 2.2.0e. Browser and loading patches have become much much better!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  18. koschke

koschke Noisemaker

so I updated to the newest SO2 but today it happened again Patch not saved :snuffy:

19. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

so does saving the patch to your daw? say ableton 9 on osx mitigate the problem ?

20. shomyca

shomyca Producer

Hey Kid Anthem...so, what did you mean here? Did you encounter the problem with the live mode enabled? Does your method works or not?

Thx for investigating and for letting us know.