Problems Omnisphere 2 not saving patches...

Discussion in 'Software' started by severn, Jun 20, 2015.

1. davidfrost

davidfrost Member

All i have to say is that, this is a bad crack!! In last 24 hours i reinstalled Omnisphere 2 twice! Nothing but a big headache, I wanted to see if there would be any change at all.....well, NOTHING! Same shit, it doesn't remember the patches and keep resetting patches to default. Nasty.

2. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

It's intentional. It works perfectly when you buy it. Eric Persing is playing with you. It is probably the best sounding virtual instrument as far as a general synth/bass/ambient sound generator. It is easily worth the money. The editing parameters are deep, the modulation matrix is unreal, the built in effects, the 10s of thousands of presets (including all the 3rd partiers). You can't go wrong buying Omni2, it is a 20 trick pony, it will take you years just to go through to all the presets, it is a great investment. You already know how high the quality of the sounds are.

Unaffiliated with spectrasonics, just passing on some wisdom as someone that has already gone through this and is now having fun actually making music.

3. toumpouris

toumpouris Newbie

I have the same problem, but it seems to be solved when you save as the patch properly within omnisphere as a user patch and not saved as logic preset.

4. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

...for sure

5. schorsch

schorsch Rock Star

Omnisphere 2
    heh.

See music lovers no technical

6. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

could you please explain the method step by step? thank you!

7. davidfrost

davidfrost Member

Well, i guess my Omnisphere is a real tough nut! I've tried this method as well and it did not help.
    It's very simple: In Mac, You go to User/Preference and locate the file: net.spectrasonic.v6.plist (this is the license file)
    remove that and start Omnisphere, it will ask you to add again the activation #, add that, close and bring back the original file you just removed. See if it helps at all? It did not help for me.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. davidfrost

davidfrost Member

Thanks for the note "worldsbest", I'll give this a try without reauthorizing, see if that works... and for how long it holds. I'll update later.
    Thanks!

9. davidfrost

davidfrost Member

Very sorry to disappoint, but this method didn’t hold much long. It was great for about 24 hours, then it started to loose patches and didn’t upload multis. No doubt this is the most bizarre problem I ever had with Omnisphere!! I’ve created demo session with several instance of Omnisphere, in some sessions it was ok in others the problem continued. Bottom of the line – Unfortunately, looks like this is not a stable and reliable method as well, very disappointing! Was hoping it would help to fix this.

10. davidfrost

davidfrost Member

Thank you "worldsbest"! Yes, we're in the same boat! I can't believe it giving you problems with a single instrument as well! Unbelievable, yes, this release sucks big time! Honestly, i don't think i have the strength and nerves to reinstall the whole thing again! Sick and tired of this, i'm spending more time trying to fix this shit and doing "tech support" than making music!

IS ANYONE GOING TO UPLOAD A FIX!!!!!!!!!

11. spyderspyders

spyderspyders Newbie

Maybe if we lock the defaults so they can't change ?

~/Library/Application Support/Spectrasonics/Steam/Omnisphere/Defaults/

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  12. schorsch

schorsch Rock Star

No one has the answer.

David, I need a misfire ...

13. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Hey all. I have been having this issue as well. I think I have a fix for it and has nothing to do with Omnisphere I think. This is for windows. Not sure about mac. And windows 10.

Go to your DAW folder, right click on the .exe you always use. Go to security. Where it says All Application Packages... Click edit, then select allow for everything. Click apply and ok. I believe this will work for Windows 7 on. Not sure about XP or Vista. Now... You have to load a prev project you did and the settings got reset. They will still be reset. Init. multi load some random patches in the multi and save your project. Now all access is granted to your daw and projects. If this does not work for you... Apply this trick to the actual project file as well if needed.

For mac users. I would suggest that you apply this to however MAC handles their security.

14. Tim

Tim Member

Do you mean what z3r0 posted on page 3 complete with screenshots etc for both Mac and Win users?

15. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Not exactly Tim. Above Admin, System etc. There is Software Packages. Those too need to be allowed as well. The others have been done. But the software packages only have read and right but not modify etc. All need to be checked. Now, no promises this will work for everyone. This may just be a Windows 10 thing tho. Software Packages might not be in the Security tab in Windows 7 or 8. Can't remember as all my machines are now Windows 10.

Attached Files:

16. Tim

Tim Member

Well since I applied the move license file trick posted earlier on this thread all seems good in the hood so far, but you know what can happen and if it does i'll follow your help and do the license trick again for good measure. Thanks for your help m8 :mates:

17. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

No problem. I tried the license trick and it did not do anything for me.

18. Tim

Tim Member

Are you on Win 7 64 bit Kid?

19. Kid Anthem

Kid Anthem Guest

Windows 10. My posted trick did not work either. Closed saved as and re opened 3 times and on the 4th time it happened again.

20. Tim

Tim Member

All I can say m8 is sheeeeeeet, but also, follow CavEmps fix to the letter. I have a feeling that you didn't miss a step but there is like a step within a step that is vital for the fix to work. I missed it first time as it wasn't obvious first time round.