Problems Omnisphere 2 not saving patches...

Discussion in 'Software' started by severn, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Whoa. If this is true how are you the first person to mention it?

Thanks for the info and thanks for correcting me on that detail.

2. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

This thread may seem unrelated at first, but I suspect that the new patch management system might still have a few miles left to go.
    And another two Cubase users having the same (apparently rare) issue.

3. fubar444

fubar444 Newbie

Just wanted to chime in here since I have the same issue; I've noticed a couple strange things,

- Some patches save, some don't. YET when patches don't load it doesn't necessarily mean they are gone forever. Sometimes I can reload my project on a different day and some patches will reappear. Some days I can load multiple projects in a row and the majority of patches will load, and other days I get nothing. This can get pretty frustrating because I haven't figured out a way to even semi consistently get the patches to load.

- I've noticed the factory patches tend to have less issues loading, where as 3rd party patches have more problems. Regardless it isn't consistent.

- I like to have single instances of omnisphere on different midi tracks. I often duplicate a track when I find a patch I like to have the patch on it's own track, but sometimes (rarely) the duplicate track with omnisphere loads a blank patch instead of the patch I had selected on the original track. (Not sure if this is related to this problem but I figured I'd mention it)

I haven't tried the reauthing thing as I didn't know where the auth files were but I definitely will now, thanks Cav Emp

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Interesting, about the inconsistencies. I hadn't noticed that, but I use a lot of secondary saving/sorting methods to make sure I don't lose much work, so I as soon as a patch is lost I rebuild it within a few minutes.

I'm still finding the idea of the bomb/incomplete crack dubious - R2R rarely makes mistakes when it comes to this stuff. At first I thought, man I'd be pissed if I bought this and it wasn't saving my patches. But the truth is if I had $500 to spend on anything but food and bills, I'd love to support Spectrasonics for the masterpiece of a synth they created, regardless of the bug. Their site is fantastic too, with tutorials as in-depth as anything you'd get from Groove3

5. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

I havnt tried your fix yet Cav Emp as I am doing maintenance on my PC. Came across this in the FAQ's @ Spectrasonics. It just might be worth a go.

If your presets, tags, or ratings disappear the next time you use Omnisphere, that's probably due to a permissions problem. Omnisphere requires the permissions of the STEAM folder be set so that it can write files. To fix the permissions, follow these instructions:

First, find your STEAM folder. For instructions on finding your STEAM folder, click here. Then follow the instructions for the type of computer you are using:

Macintosh:

• In the Finder, find your STEAM folder and select it.
    • Right click (Control Click) the STEAM folder and select Get Info.
    • At the bottom of the Get Info Window, click on the small arrow to the left of "Sharing and Permissions" to open that section and click the lock in the bottom right-hand corner to unlock.
    • Select the "Read and Write" privilege for the name that contains "(Me)".
    • Click the small Gear Icon at the bottom of the window and choose "Apply to Enclosed Items" from the pop up menu.
    [​IMG]

Windows:

• In Windows explorer, find the STEAM folder, right click, then select Properties
    • In the Properties window, select the Security tab
    • Click the Edit button
    • Select "User" in the "Group or Usernames" list
    • Click the "Allow" checkbox for "Full control"
    • Click Okay and close the windows
    [​IMG]

6. koschke

koschke Noisemaker

Hi,

Is there new information how to fix the Preset problem in Omnisphere 2 I tried all advises here but no luck!:(

Saving presets in LPX is still not working.

Would really great to find a solution for this without freezing or renaming.:unsure:

Big thx to all supporters here.:like:

7. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

I've tried everything. Permissions, reauth. And the behaviour is the same as you describe.

8. z3r0

z3r0 Ultrasonic

I have totally flattened my pc and reinstalled everything. I didnt bother with omni 1 and went straight for omni 2 install. Everything worked grand until I had to restart my pc one day and BAAAAAAAAM the fucking shitty multi wont load issue returned. Lets face it it is a BAAAAAD R2R crack. End of!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. elmonk87

elmonk87 Newbie

Most certainly.

10. koschke

koschke Noisemaker

Hey it’s me again I updated to 2.1 with the hope that the issue with the patch will be solved but I have still the issue on Logic X.

That is really disappointing I hope one of you got a last Idea to fix the problem.

Thx .

11. Tenbob

Tenbob Noisemaker

Was looking forward to downloading O2 and using it for the first time. However, these horror stories of opening your work and your modified presets have gone back to factory state really is putting me off trying it.

12. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

hi guys...can I ask one question nearly relating with this post?

is there a way to recall a patch or a multi with a Program Change? I mean, not the Live Mode, I'm using Stack Mode, but I would like to recall a multi automaticly without touching nothing...only with a Program Change read by Cubase. is it possible? sorry for OT

13. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

Hello,

my solution was: "SAVE AS..." by the plugin holder in Logic X. Everytime i open a project it DOES LOAD the patches!!

Captura de pantalla 2015-12-06 a la(s) 8.39.27.png

Captura de pantalla 2015-12-06 a la(s) 8.39.33.png

Attached Files:

14. jaymo99

jaymo99 Platinum Record

Im on A PC win 10 and Cubase 8.0.30 and Omni 2 and have seen none of this. i don't know but My Library has been in the same place since i first got omni 1 I make a copy of my data drive every month so when i reinstall window all i need do is install apps no need to reinstall data. Always have run Cubase with admin rights as well as installations. now I've said this im sure ill open a project with Omni 2 and it will all be gone. Murph's law and all

15. davidfrost

davidfrost Member

This has been a complete NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!! I never had any problems with Omnisphere 1, as soon as i installed Omnisphere 2, i could not save any project presets or patches anymore! Yes, in multi timbral, but what the hell is this problem! It's almost impossible to work on any music session anymore, I constantly have to save the presets, then that project inside Omnisphere, then a custom Multi....Fuck!!! One thing i noticed now, is when i try to save a session preset (using DP for DAW) I immediately go to the Omnisphere Presets folder and see if my preset "Size" has changed? if it dose, i'm in a deep shit and i know it will not upload that preset again!! Meaning: If you save the preset and your preset file is 11-12kb, you're fucked! But- if the size is over 200kb, like 280-350, you're good! What a total nightmare this been and i can't wait till someone will upload a fix for this.

16. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

Hello Again, to all people having problems with O2 and Live9, i just made a test (normally i don't work too much with Live9) and wanted to see for myself what the hell is going on... and, nothing happened, I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS running O2 (R2R) + Live 9 [deepstatus].. I've made a video to verify this issues. All is running without bugs, only, my processor did'nt do it so well running audio and video, cuz the video+audio recording and was almost dying for resources... ;)
    My equipment:
    - MacBookPro (late 2011)
    - Processor 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5
    - RAM 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    - Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
    - Software OS X 10.9.4
    The Software:
    - O2 (R2R) + Live 9 [deepstatus]
    The verification: (4 instances of Omnisphere within Live9)

17. davidfrost

davidfrost Member

I guess you're a lucky one! But remember this - This bug or whatever it is, it's totally random!! It can hit you when you least expect it! You can work on a session and then sometimes later on without any notice it will not save anything....And then you're doomed! Go then re-create everything from scratch! Unbelievable.

18. farao

farao Rock Star

So, what is the best way to work around this bug? How could you set up your workflow to minimize the problem?

19. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

LOL... You rant about someone voting your post dumb.. then... do EXACTLY the same thing on the next post, to someone else..for no apparent reason.

You're not making many friends here... you're new.. just a bit of friendly advice, u should chill on the uppity'ness.

It's ok to ask a question not related to the thread.. in the thread... most of us have bigger things to worry about..

Don't come off as a post Nazi.... if someone breaks a posting rule.. likely a mod will sort it out.

20. Mundano

Mundano Audiosexual

With LogicPro X 10.2 i save the instance (also Omni2 patch) within the holder of the plug-in. I don't save any changes within Omnisphere2, the holder makes it easy. When i restart LogicX all the patches are there... (see my pictures above in the thread).
    With Live9 the normal procedure..without saving nothing, but.... like all people are saying, is better to rename the tracks with the name of the patches, and within Omnisphere2 to save patches and multis... and not to lose your work!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015