Problems installing Toontrack Custom and Vintage SDX

Discussion in 'Software' started by fogdigger, Jan 12, 2015.

1. fogdigger

fogdigger Newbie

Hi there,

I've just downloaded all the parts to the Custom and Vintage expansion pack for Superior Drummer. I start the installation but I keep getting the Install Error message 'Could not copy "SL-CVMKII/soundsb3.obw" from DVD. Try Again"

I've tried moving the other soundsb files from the ISO mounts to the desktop and most work except soundb3 and 4 I which won't move because they're read only files.

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated! Thank you

3. BigEmptySky

BigEmptySky Member

Ah yes, I had that same type of error with more than one Superior Drummer SDX. After googling around I found the solution was to mount the disc image and then manually copy all the files to where your Superior Drummer Library is located. For the Custom and Vintage SDX I created a folder within the default Superior Drummer Library folder named "SL-CVMKII" then copied all the Custom and Vintage SDX files into that folder and then manually added the Custom and Vintage SDX to SD through the add library options (don't quote me on the exact option as I don't have my DAW open now). It was pretty painless and most importantly it works.

You don't want to copy the files to the desktop - they need to be in the main SD Library folder which is where SD looks for all its SDX's and its main Library.

I have all the Superior Drummer and EZdrummer libraries on an external HD. My main HD was getting too full so I had to move them. You can move all those libraries using Toontrack's SoundMover app which should be in your Applications folder. I am on OS X - I don't really think that matters as the process should be the same.

Hope that helps you out!!!

4. Demon

Demon Producer

Yep, exactly that.

Another option is to change the installation folder, but it doesn't always work.

5. fogdigger

fogdigger Newbie

Hey thats great! I tried doing the same thing, but I can't move these files out of the ISO on Disk 2 at all, i can with Disk 1 and 3, the finder won't let me for some reason, seems like the 2 sound files in disk 2 are encrypted unlike the others. I get this error: "The Finder can't complete the operation because some of the data in "soundb2.obw can''t be read of written (Error Code -36)

6. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Looks to me that your download is buggy. Try downloading disc 2 again.

7. fogdigger

fogdigger Newbie

fantastic it worked! thanks a lot! Now just need to authorise a code for the superior drummer. Any tips?

8. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

eerm not that I advocate anything maybe research whether it unlocked :wink:

9. fogdigger

fogdigger Newbie

no worries all sorted :) thanks everyone !