problems installing last Kontakt libraries

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by severn, Aug 14, 2024 at 3:06 PM.

1. severn

severn Member

HI,

I have Kontakt 7.10.6 , running in Logic 10.7 , on Mac Monterey 12.6 . i have been using Kontakt library utility 2 and the sudo library command in terminal . Most of my previous Libraries have installed fine , but the last few [ Oblivion - Aggression Designer [Heavyocity] ,Fluid Harmonics (Player Edition) [In Session Audio] and Galactic Voyager Series - Equuleus [Kompose Audio] ] ......do not show in Kontakt .

can anyone help me with getting these to work ??

Thanks

3. TFromEmpire

TFromEmpire Noisemaker

When you dragged and dropped the library into KLU did any errors pop up or prompts? where all the needed files in the library folder? I dont know much about KLU i honestly just read the manual and used it. I have like 16 or so different libraries installed with no issues.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

What are you doing in Terminal? If you go to the NINCT Utilities tab, hit Select/Change Library, browse to the folder containing the library you want. You can review every detail about it, and then hit the Install Library button. If you need to, it can create Ninct file and you can add a wallpaper. Are you doing this on a user account which is not admin?

5. avenocturno

avenocturno Ultrasonic

Please make a back up of your current NativeAccess.xlm, which should be in;

/Library/Application\ Support/Native\ Instruments/Service\ Center/

...& place it in a safe location. I suggest to make right click on the backed up NativeAccess.xml and select open with your native text editor (Text Edit?). Is a large file for a .txt editor, could take several seconds to open. Once the xml is exposed press Ctrl+f and search for the main names of your new libraries. If the items ain't found in your current .xml you should replace it with the provided in this .rar

Just in case, reboot your system, then execute Kontakt & see what happens with your libraries. If things go worst than yesterday ...place your previously saved .xml in Service Center overwriting the updated one.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024 at 3:45 AM
  6. severn

severn Member

[

hi thanks very much ...i checked my xml file and 2 of the 3 libarries are showing , i downloaded the file you sent and laoded it in the right place. ..when i restart Kontakt 7 nothing has changed ..the 3 new libraries are not showing ..maybe it might be worth trying to uninstall and reisntall those libraries with your xml in place ?.....
    FWIW nearly all of the libraries i have installed before have worked before..uhmm

7. severn

severn Member

hi thanks ..im doing all of this and have a good amount of libraries installed ....but with checking that i have full admin access , how can i check this for sure ? thanks

8. severn

severn Member

hi , thx for your help i've got a good number of libraries in Kontakt but nothing new seems to work .....

9. avenocturno

avenocturno Ultrasonic

It's not necessary to install again those libraries 'cause this new .xml, evidently the NativeAccess file is not the cause of those *hiddings*, in your case at least. The very strange thing to me is that Equuleus library, I can't find any .xml that reflects it as a Kontakt library! I'll be reading for any solution for your case, surely will happen to many of us too.

10. severn

severn Member

please update me if find anything out .. on the KLU2 it says about having Kontakt 6 installed as well as 7 , and maybe that might help if i do that ? . in terminal , it does seem to report some errors ..could i send you a Pdf of this ?

Thanks again

11. avenocturno

avenocturno Ultrasonic

Yes, try to post your pdf download link through Peeplink

Anyway, wont harm your system to try with the .xml I've posted before (make a back up of your current .xml before). It helped me 100% about the "broken gui" suffered by many of us with the Talula's upload of *Spitfire Audio MG - Soft Acoustic Guitar* library, released by the ViP Team. The previous .xml has that library's UUID too, but for a reason that I ignore that library's gui was shown broke, as for many of us over here, may be some lack in the previous .xml text, I don't know...

Different coexistent versions of Kontakt helped me in the past too, but with the last releases I don't need it anymore. Anyway, you can try that way, wont harm. In my case older Kontakt releases are ussually blind about new libraries.