Problems installing FL Studio 12 on Windows 10

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by NullNVoid, Aug 19, 2015.

1. NullNVoid

NullNVoid Noisemaker

Every release I've tried (Union and R2R) They won't install for some reason on windows 10. I've even tried running the installer in compatibility mode and that didn't help.

As soon as the installation starts it freezes and stops there, the progress bar doesn't move either. Anyway I can get the installer to work?

3. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Did You try to Install FL Studio As Admin
    I mean Install With admin rights {with User Account Control (UAC)}

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. NullNVoid

NullNVoid Noisemaker

I only have one account on my computer and I always install as admin, that did not work.

5. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

if using [​IMG] didn't work for you
    I Believe because there's some known issues between Image Line & Win 10, and that is normal since Win 10 Is still new & I Advise you to not use Win 10 as main OS for Music production (For Now)

EDIT : Glad R4E Version worked for you :wink:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

If it was my pc, I would redo the windows 10 installation. Then
    1. register with the most recent key released and "Packed" by R2R, or a legit key
    2. download the most recent '' demo '' from Image Line. (this one is ALL-Inclusive since the 12 update)
    But that's me, I would reinstall in a instant if shit like this happens,
    I could bang my head against the wall If a daw only start after clicking ok on 3-4 errors,
    Or when opening the wrong vst makes the shit crash.
    This should be a no-go in any studio and this are def. situations that I try to avoid.

Maybe because here, there are always people around with creative pulses..:crazy:

7. NullNVoid

NullNVoid Noisemaker

The R4E release worked for me, thanks for the suggestion though!

8. mono

mono Audiosexual

glad to hear you got it sorted,

Was wrighting this so will post it anyway,
    The way i fixed the error is run the fl set-up and let it just sit there for about 5 min
    then i open the task manager and end the setup in processes,
    after that run the set-up again and it should work if its the same sort of problem i was having in vista x64.

9. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

I believe it's a nsis (Nullsoft Install System) related bug and Image-Line should update to the most recent version of it to compile their installers with a maximum of compatibility. It also could be the integrated adware stuff from Open Candy which lets my Antivirus pop up
    when running the legit installer. Maybe some kind of antivirus kills the installer.

In this case you could try to run the installer with the command /NOCANDY using a batch file.

Compared to that - my installer was compiled using the most recent available version of Inno Setup
    which also supports Windows 10 and I didn't include any advertisments or stuff like that to create
    a secure and clean setup for you and of course for me.

So if you have problems, try my release and if you want to use it legit with your bought license,
    write me a pm and'll send you the untouched files. Hmm, maybe an option for possible new releases.