problem with Reaper x64 on Win7

Discussion in 'PC' started by Zed, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Zed

Zed Newbie

Hi,

I have a problem with Reaper x64 for Win7. After as I installed the software, the dialogue window popped up with following communication:

"You cannot run application, because WavesLib_9.0_Win64.dll hasn't been found. Please try to install software to fix this error.|

I've tried three times and problem still exist. I used to install several different Waves combos to check which version is perfect for me and this probably caused of this error. Anyone have aidea how to fix this?

3. dipje

dipje Ultrasonic

So... your problem isn't with Reaper, but you destroyed your Waves installation? Is that correct?

Make sure there are no duplicate files that have to do with Waves in your VSTPlugins folder.
    Delete the c:\Program files (x86)\Waves folder in it's entirely.

Then run the _latest_ installer, and choose whatever you want to have installed.
    After the installer is done, _run it again_ but choose the 'repair' option. If you have a less-than-legal-version, run the crack after the repair option (otherwise the repair option 'fixes' the crack :)).

That should fix most if not all problems.

Do _not_ mix different versions of Waves plugins with each other, use the single installer and choose whatever you want.
    My Waves version uses WavesLib_9.1, WavesLib_9.2 and WavesLib2_9.2... so I guess you've been using (or mixing) an old version of the Waves bundle.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

deinstall waves and download the last R2R release. done.
    no problem with Reaper.