Problem with Omnisphere sonic extensions

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by ArtVandalay7, Aug 19, 2024 at 3:15 PM.

1. ArtVandalay7

ArtVandalay7 Newbie

Hi, I am having a problem with some of the Omnisphere Sonic Extensions all of a sudden. They were all working fine previously; now, however, for example with Unclean Machine patches, when I try to select one there’s a loud crack and then no sound. I run this through a Mac and Omnisphere is updated to the latest version. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that is an no go. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

if you already had it working, the first question to ask yourself is What changed? Those Sonic Extensions supposedly only work with Omnisphere that is not legit. Like Kontakt, legit install requires legit Sonic Expansions. That aspect of your Omnisphere need to match.

Maybe you installed an update that caused them to become "deauthorized", or something like that? Moved your Steam folder or the Sonic Expansion installed folders and content. Maybe they timebombed. Do you have everything correctly blocked with your firewall? Did you do any changes to your hosts file?

Usually when reinstallation of something fails to fix your problem, it's because you have not cleaned up as completely as you need to.
    You have to find *everything*, including any remnant files. You could try something like this: https://www.widebluesound.com/audio-plugin-uninstaller/. Or maybe something like Buho Cleaner might work (google it). You should be able to manually cleanup anyway without some tool, but there are a few that are decent.

The last thing to consider is really how you re-installed everything. Did you use the same Omnisphere application installers or use different ones? Did you search to see if anyone else had the same problem? I would check where you downloaded the Sonic Expansions from for any threads about the same issue.