Problem with LASS 2

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Icey, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Icey

Icey Newbie

Hi everyone!

First post here so hope I'm posting in the right section. Apologies if I'm not...

I'm having troubles using the keyswitches in LASS 2. I just can't manage to use more than one set (setA). Everything works fine in the beginning, but as soon as I keyswitch to a different articulation in any of the other sets, I stop getting sound from that set and only setA keeps working properly. If I click on kontakt's "panic" button everything gets back to normal, but only until I try to keyswitch in setB-C-D-etc again so the panic button doesn't really help.

Tried using different versions of kontakt, from 5.0 to 5.4.3 and it makes no difference. Since I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem, I'm starting to think I'm doing something wrong... :unsure: Maybe someone can help me figure out what's happening...?

Currently I'm running Kontakt 5.4.3 (R2R), Cubase 8 pro (64bit) and Windows 7 professional 64.

Thanks in advance!

3. Ankh

Ankh Newbie

Hi there!
    I assume you are using the ARC that comes with the LASS 2, I had the same problem with it, I don't know if it is the cracked version I'm using but after many hours figuring it out I ended up using the instrument banks in Kontakt. You load the LASS instruments in them and configure the keyswitch as you wish. It worked way better for me.

4. Icey

Icey Newbie

Hi Ankh! Thanks for your reply :)

You assumed right, I'm using the ARC. Actually, everything points to the ARC being the problem. I managed to find some info about this issue (with tons of patince and the help of google translator) and apparently the only way to sort it out is to upgrade the ARC... So yeah, your suggestion seems the only way to go so far.

Thank you again! :wink: