Problem with Kontakt on Win / Fl Studio [Solved]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by MrLyannMusic, Jun 17, 2014.

1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Hey Audio Sexers,

I came here asking for help, cause i'm really gonna lose it,

lately, i've been having some serious problem with Kontakt on FL Studio, i add an Kontakt instance to the Project every think works well so far, i select the instrument i wanna load, Drag&Drop, every think ok, until if finish loading, Fl Studio Freezes, Still getting audio, But the program it self it's not responding, every time after Kontakt finish Loading an instrument freezes, i tried opening an Standalone Version of Kontakt when i load something every think okey i load it back into fl every think ok, so each time i wanna load something i have to do it on standalone first ! WTH Why ? i'm really getting tired of restarting Fl Each time ! this makes me sick, :snuffy:

even when i try to delete Kontakt instance from the project it freezes !

Please People of Audio Sex, did any one came across this problem in the past or some one knows how to fix it ?

i'd really appreciate your help :) :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thanks,

MLM.

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

What version of kontakt are you using?

Have you tried to use the 8 & 16 out versions of kontakt5.dll to replicate the issue?

have you tried the using the 32bit version? with or without bridging in FL?

4. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

it turns out that the problem was FL it self, i made a back up of my plugins fav. reset the Program, every think works fine Now, Thank you sir for your Reply anyway.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

no problem, glad it solved :wink:

6. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Actually it didn't ! still the same, and now even with the standalone ! arf ARGGG Gonna lose my mind damn ! you Kontakt Damn !

7. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Have you tried to launch FL(compatible memory).exe wich extend the usable ram up to 4 GB?

8. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i'm using Fl 11 not 10, Image line changed this, and you already lunch the 4Gb Memory Application...

9. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

FL(compatible memory) is still there over here fl 11,

anyways, what libary are you loading?

10. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

have you restarted your computer or even shut it off? most users have their computers on 24/7(ready to crunch some data down lol)

hmmm...fl freezing when loading or loaded instruments sounds like bad memory allocation, how much ram do you have

11. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

@Introninja : Fl Freezes after finish loading, i have 8Gb ram, my libraries are on a separated drive, actually i have a drive for Windows, drive for samples, drive for Libraries, and a drive for VSTs so there is no reason for freezing, all my drives are frequently defragmentated...

@Kwissbeats : the usual libraries, i use Cinematic Strings 2 all the time, ever had a problem, and i usually have more than 5 libraries loaded, i had no problem, just lately this is pissing me off !

was working on this tho,
    http://soundcloud.com/mrlyannmusic/da-candy-artem-teya-its-time-to-rock-it-remix

hope i get some feedback if you don't mind! i don't have many friend on this world so here we go !

12. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Nice mix very clean sounding but i think the vocals are too bright and by the vocal tone i think a darker reverb & EQ can really bring the track to life.

Maybe a slick pad can also spice things up in the background :wink:

okay try this:

Backup & Delete the following files from this folder
    C:\Users\your.user.name\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\Db
    Factory.kdb.cache
    kontaktdb2
    kontaktdb2Lock

and make sure kontakt & all music programs are closed. then after deleting the files launch Kontakt & update your database

I believe this is your problem :bow:

13. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Testing...

seems fine so far, trying to blow up my memory and see what happens.

Thank you sir i appreciate your time, it is working like a charm,

i've loaded up a new empty project with Kontakt every where loaded a lot of big libraries, i deleted them (and yes when i still had the problem even if you wan't to delete an instance of kontakt, Fl crashes)

Closed it up open an existing Project Worked nice without any problem,

can i ask you please what was the problem and what happened when i deleted those files ? an explanation please ?

____

About my track, yeah i had some problem mixing and processing the vocals, as i always make my own backing Vox, about my mix i don't like adding extra high frequencies so i don't mess it up, always takes some of the mid range to give room to the track... i let the rest to the mastering phase, i'll try reworking on it tonight, and btw about the pad, i was trying to load Cinematic String for that give it some reverb and put it in the back as i like using natural sounds for this kind of work !

still thinking of finishing it, i'll try to bring it to life, what is production anyway ? it is experimenting with your sounds!

Thank you again Sir :) !

have a nice day.

MLM

14. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

It seems your Kontakt database was corrupted.. all you did was, reset Kontakt's database information to its default library and user paths :wink:

15. darkvalley

darkvalley Newbie

@Introninja, even though this is an old thread. In Kontatk 6, the same thing happens from time to time. A came across your reply and it fixed the issue.