Problem with Arturia V installation.

Discussion in 'Software' started by wonderchild, May 21, 2016.

1. ls1xxx

ls1xxx Member

Hello everyone i am having an issue with the plugins coming up in a black blank screen. what am i doing wrong? 5-23-2016 4-50-42 PM.jpg

2. Dr. Don

Dr. Don Newbie

Hi All

New kid on the block here...I was given Arturia V5 to check out and loaded it as per the exe instructions...everything is where it's supposed to be but Reaper is not picking any of the synths up...I tried re-scanning, re-pointing Reaper to the proper folder and even tried moving the dlls to a new folder with no luck

I then found the txt file and it mentioned something about installing it in C: programdata...does this mean when installing I should point it to c:programdata as the place to load Arturia?

any help would be appreciated

Dr. Don

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  3. Arturo65

Arturo65 Newbie

Hi guys. Same problem with cubase 8.5. Does your advices fix the problem even with vst3 instances of the Arturia instruments?

4. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
  5. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

The Roland ACB Jupiter is miles and miles ahead of the Arturia if you are looking for a "truer" Jupiter 8. A lot heavier on cpu, and I'm not saying you can't make music with the Arturia one, but the Roland one is far better, and has a far deeper methodology of modeling the synth... bottom more then top down... but to each his own!

6. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2017
  7. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

ha, yeah, you are right. I have had Jupiter 8's before, and bought the Arturia one when it first came out in 2006 or 2007, and while the graphic interface looked like a Jupiter 8, and it kinda had a "thing" like a Jupiter 8, it wasn't a Jupiter 8. Didn't mean I couldn't write cool parts with it or get cool sounds... doesn't mean you can't use it as a synth! ;)

8. mellowmushroom00

mellowmushroom00 Noisemaker

Indispensable!

9. omarochoa

omarochoa Newbie

Alpha One pls ,can you do more specific with the way that it worked for you? , I have both arturia 4 y want to install arturia 5 but when i do that , the presets of arturia 4 it disappear .

10. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

First go get this http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html tool and install it. Move yor V4 Presetsfolder somewhere else, berfore installing V5, so they get not overwritten, then rightclick it after moving, select 'pick link source', then go to where it was before and rightclick somewhere in the folder drop as Symbolic- or Hardlink. i use symbolic link mostly. After that look if Arturia V5 puts its own presetfolder there. if so, then it can overwirte the symbolic link you have created, during its installation.