Problem Whit New Vst from Acustica Audio ( Take 100% CPU )

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ryck, Jul 9, 2022.

1. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Hello guys!
    I've been waiting for AA (Austica audio) to release an emulation of Amp and Stomp- When I finally see today on the web that they put out one called "AERO". I lowered the judgment. But again same old. The Aero Amp when loaded consumes almost 70% of the CPU, it has a "Low Latency" option but there is almost no difference. But hey, I told myself, at least I can prove it. But when I wanted to load the Stomp. The CPU was shot at 100%, I even raised the block size to 4096, even so at 100%, I can't even prove it. It's okay that my pc is old. But it is an AMD Phenom, with 4 cores 8 of ram, and 3.4 hz of micro. The Soft Should let me even try it. I don't know if the same thing happens to you... I also wonder if AA is planning to solve this, or is he just going to make VSTs for people who have powerful PCs?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

does it work with Nebula @Ryck ?

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

It sounds more like an under/overrun, not the specs of your "old 3.x ghz" pc.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  5. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

I remember having some issues when i tried it, didn't check if it was CPU related or not because the same happened when Silver came out (fixed now, i think) and it wasn't CPU related. I remember trying Aero and being like "what the hell is this?", but let me try again and see how it goes CPU wise.

6. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

"Low Latency" mode is more CPU dependent.

7. Ryck

Ryck Guest

It has option for vst3 vst2 and nebula4. try only vst3. But I don't think it's the vst, because the vst only has "loader" and nothing happens there, that's when it loads the files.

Are you talking about the pc or the program?
    When you try it, if you can tell me how it went. I am curious about this plugin. Also what do you think about the sound, maybe it's not even worth it.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

Well, these and many other plugins of the same type are notorious for needing very current spec computers; like you mentioned. But issues with the programming can also cause buffer overrun (or symptoms of it); and sometimes will quickly spike cpu usage % for no real reason.
    It can be either, or both. You know the current specs of your machine better than we do. If you have specs way above the minimum requirements in a situation; it can often be something like this causing it.

9. Jelly

Jelly Ultrasonic

You answered yourself at Acustica Audio

10. Ryck

Ryck Guest

yes you're right, but it never happened to me that I couldn't even try a vst. The most that has happened to me is that I have to raise the buffer to the maximum and I could even try it, this time not even raising the buffer to the maximum. And looking at the cpu is at 100%
    what u mean

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's different from just over burdening the system with normal functions. Normal functions will cause you to get lag, freezing, crackling, and all the other normal symptoms. This goes from 0-100 in a millisecond. If the problem is multiple plugins doing this all of a sudden, usually reseating the ram chips might be worth opening the case for. With this being a brand new program, like you say; it's possible that it is a program error. But you see a lot of negative posts about these plugins here, like every time they are brought up...maybe just high cpu/ram consumption is above your pc's current specs.

12. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Best Answer
    No heavy CPU issues, just what you would expect from AA. With both stomp and amp in use Reaper reports around 10% use max. and Windows seems to agree (i kept an eye out for individual core performance too), and it's a pretty outdated CPU (Ryzen 5 2600) so idk what's going on there. Still, i'm having the same issues i had the first time i tried it. Just in case you want to know, it goes something like this:

-Low latency engaged sounds like popcorn with no underruns reported. I've had a simlar issue with other AA plugins even if the CPU was doing just fine on lower buffer size (go figure), but they usually go away once i increase the buffer size up to a certain point. It doesn't fix the issue this time.
    -Low quality is not just low quality, it sounds like an entire different thing, like ridiculously different, on both stomp and amp. Same for medium quality.
    -amp will just stop outputing audio when selecting certain cabs.
    -At some point i switched amp from HQ to LQ then back to HQ and the sound was all f*cked up, and not in the "popcorn" sense of the word, but as if i had put a lot of distortion pedals before it.

All in all i think the sound is good, definetively different to what you can get from other amp sims, If i had to describe i'd say it has more definition but not as much balls as other amp sims have, i guess that depends on what you're looking for and of course, the cab IR you're using. The problem is, the plugin is just unusable, at least in my case. Even if it did work as intended, it's very limited, you're basically stuck with pedal and amp "snapshots" and something that works as a gain knob. There's some more options but you get the idea, it's nothing in comparisson to anything else out there, and pretty bad if you like to sculpt your tones.

TL;DR: Nah, it's not worth it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to check it out and give me your opinion. Then I won't go crazy trying to make it work. For everything you tell me, it's not worth it. Thank you again for taking the time!

14. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

8GB of memory is not enough to run most Acustica plugins. A more modern CPU, 16GB of memory and, an SSD would improve performance.
    Minimal AVX instruction sets & 32GB of memory are good starting points.

Have you read this from Acustica?

About Acustica Audio products resources load and performance
    https://acusticaudio.freshdesk.com/...audio-products-resources-load-and-performance

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

These ideas are kind of retarded. If you can't hear the difference in the free demo then stick to what you know.

16. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Aren't you reading that I couldn't try the demo because the cpu goes to 100% and doesn't even let me hear the sound???

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

Do most guitar players running heavy CPU/ram burdensome amp simulation plugins have to use another computer to record any of it?

18. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

AA plugins have always been on the heavier side cpu/asio wise but their latest plugins like silver and aero are very unoptimized and cpu heavy to the point where you have to ask yourself if this is even worth it.

19. PifPafPif

PifPafPif Rock Star

Check if your project is 48 kHz ...
    Use only 44.1 and 96

Tested on i7 10700k : one instance take 45% in 44.1 kHz
    Zero latency change almost nothing

So basically, with one amp and one stomp, my computer is saturated :rofl:
    I will stick with THU Rig Player for now

Too bad, because Nebula/Acqua cabs are the ultimate solution ...
    I tried to enable cab section ONLY : less than 5% CPU

I compared to regular IR : night and day
    BUT i feel AA are not the best at capturing cabs.

Too bad OwnHammer stopped making Nebula cabs years ago ...

• Like Like x 2
    • List