Problem using M-Tron Pro with Finale

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tom Saylor, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Tom Saylor

Tom Saylor Newbie

I want to use GForce’s M-Tron Pro to playback a part in a Finale score. (I’m running M-Tron Pro 3.0 and Finale 25.0.)

In Finale, I go into the Instrument List tab in the Score Manager and select MTPro from the Device column. I then click on Edit Player in the Sound column, and this opens up in Finale's VST Viewer the M-Tron Pro interface, which displays a virtual keyboard. In this interface, I select a patch (e.g., Flutes Basic) from the Patch Selection menu, and this enables me to play the flute sound audibly on the virtual keyboard.

So far, so good. But when I go back into my Finale score and begin playback, the Flutes Basic patch instantly disappears from M-Tron’s Patch Selection window and I get no sound—silence. However, as the score continues to play, I can see that notes are registering on the M-Tron’s virtual keyboard, so I know that the M-Tron is receiving a signal from Finale—it’s just not producing sound in response. I don’t have this problem using other VSTIs with Finale, only the M-Tron.

Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks!