Problem saving presets with last GForce releases

Discussion in 'Software' started by Olymoon, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Hi Guys,
    As the title says, I have the same problem with all latest Gforce releases, when trying to save a preset I receive this message: "invalid save location".

I've tried creating a user preset category etc .. but nothing works.

Hopefully some of you knows the solution.

Thanks in advance.

3. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

User Patches default location is : /Documents/GForce/OB-X/User Patches

but the directory does not exist yet..

1. So go to the /Documents/GForce/
    2. Create "OB-X" folder inside of it
    3. Create "User Patches" inside of the OB-X folder
    4. Then you can save

or if you want to save to custom location

1. click the folder icon next to "Collection" on the Preset Saving page.
    2. add custom location by click "+", add the new location, it will added as "Extra Location 1"
    3. if you click the User Directory before click "+", it will replace User Directory
    4. the current default location for saving is shown at the bottom, change it by clicking the folder icon if needed

p/s: OB-X is just example, may apply to other GForce synth accordingly

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thank you Stevie
    I followed both methods, and cant get minimosta to see any user folder.
    This preset system is completely stupid. Why not allow users to simply chose a folder by browsing... ?

That's when you really thank R2R for letting us try before we buy.

5. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

Minimonsta2 works the fine here. I had the trouble of learning how they work last year I guess, so quite familiar with it now. The preset browsing system viewing the preset based on their metadata of the file (instead of directory) for tagging and organization purpose, everything is divided into "Collection" on the browser. Some things to consider :

1) the preset browser wont display per location, but rather per "Collection". If the preset is saved under the same "Collection" but at different location, it will still appear together with everything in the same "Collection". So always create a new collection to separate the user created ones.
    2) the preset browser consider same file name as duplicates doesnt matter the settings inside of the file. If duplicates are found, one of them (the newer) will not be displayed.
    3) click on the "Refresh" icon to update the list and if there's a duplicate, it will tell you.
    4) For Minimonsta 2 - the folder name is "Minimonsta2" making the default location is /Documents/GForce/Minimonsta2/User Patches

sss.png
    ssss.png

6. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Thank you

I solved it now. But honestly, there are many synth with categories and so, that are not so confusing when saving a preset.
    In this case, even if you save in the user preset, but forget to chose "user" category, you cant even see your saved preset...
    Also, some of their synths have the user folder in Program files, others have it in Documents ...
    Not really a clear way.

Anyways, thank you very much for your help. Without it, I could have lost a lot of time, or most probably, ditched these synths. What I'm sure now, is that I wont buy them.

Thank you

7. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I think they are still experimenting with the preset browsing system. I think the choice of using "Collection" to group up those presets are to make it easier for Import and Export soundbank feature. They are thinking forward maybe releasing Soundbank or maybe for other 3rd party dev to release it.

Yeah it is quite confusing at first, I had to re-install for the first few times, and figured them all out after ABC releases the soundbank for Minimonsta2. I tried to have them organized and ended up repacking the whole soundbank. The release is somewhere at the sister's site.

:rofl: