Problem routing Kontakt outputs in Ableton.

Discussion in 'Live' started by bal5000, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bal5000

bal5000 Newbie

i have 12 stereo and 8 mono output channels set up in kontakt as the default routing.
    When i'm trying to route the channels in Ableton in the In/out Section, it would let me choose 12 stereo and only 4 mono channels
    So there is missing four of Kontakt's mono outputs.
    Does anyone have any ideas how i could get Ableton to show all my Kontakt outputs?
    i used to use the same settings in cubase for years, and i never had any problems...

3. Crash3000

Crash3000 Newbie

are you using a external instrument in ableton for each track .
    I set kontakt midi 2-16 as a group and have 15 channels of midi for Kontakt.
    Kontakt set up two outputs left right for each track = 30 outs PM me and ill send you a mapping i made in ableton all you have to do is load your sounds.

Z
    www.okrp.com
    Audioticulation

4. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

Dont quite get yer mapping and yer 12 stereo and yer mono and the rocket science. I just drop the Kontakt vst into midi channel all ins red dot on at the bottom if you want to recored useing key brd and bobs yer uncle the edditing channel if you want to insert midi and write it or edit.repeat process if you want more Instruments add more ens what ever they are called if you want instruments playing the same ting.I find they make things quite simple these days and user friendly. Or am I missing something.And to keep more simple theres a pic
    Capture1.JPG

5. bal5000

bal5000 Newbie

thanks for the replies.
    i made some screen shots to make sure you get what im talking about.
    Crash: Im not sure I get yr question about the external instruments.
    i set up individual audio tracks for each output in kontakt, and route them as inputs, but as you can see in the pic,
    ableton would only let me use 28 (all the 12 stereo but only 4 mono!) virtual inputs, so i'm missing four! i think the
    picture clears it all up.

Rahjah: its not rocket science, its very simple and useful. you can have 32 output channels in kontakt wich you can
    use for proper mixdowns, and not just use one single channel.

Attached Files:

6. speedees

speedees Newbie

I am trying to resolve this as well .. looking forward to a solution