Problem recording guitar in Logic Pro 9

Discussion in 'Logic' started by sixxstrings, May 28, 2013.

1. sixxstrings

sixxstrings Newbie

**SOLVED** Hey guys, So basically I am trying to lay down some demos with my guitar in logic. When i record arm a track then hit record to record the guitar in, I get a pinwheel (I'm using a macbook pro with 8 GB RAM) and it takes at least 30 seconds to start to record. It's really frustrating and would love some feedback and help if you have encountered this before. Much Appreciated! :dunno: View attachment LogicProblem.mov

3. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Hmmm very weird.
    Can you try just using Logic's own amp's and see if you get the same problem? Start a new project, just drop in a drum loop from the loops section.
    As it may be an issue with the Pod Farm install you have.

4. sixxstrings

sixxstrings Newbie

Tried clean signal aswell, still no luck :/. Thanks though!

5. BoomBEZEL

BoomBEZEL Newbie

Try taking the I/O buffer size down a notch, go into prefs and turn things down if nothing speeds up the process you may have little space on the hard drive and it's just taking longer to load just thoughts though I never had that problem, searching google might help :dunno:

6. sixxstrings

sixxstrings Newbie

Yes! Found out it was a problem with it trying to record on my native hard drive, so now I used my external and its recording correctly. Thanks for the Help!!! *yes*

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Try Windows with Reaper. I know kids who record stuff like farts and burping this way very easily. It just works.