Problem loading the Waves plug-ins

Discussion in 'Software' started by cimpeanucezar, Apr 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. cimpeanucezar

cimpeanucezar Newbie

Hello everyone

i am having a problem loading the Waves vst plug-ins onto my instrument tracks. i use Bitwig studio.
    it says: Could not load plug-in. Could not create vst3 instance for class id. a null component was returned.
    I do not know what to do for them to work. Recently bought the waves plugins and am unable to use them for now.
    I have tried to clean uninstall everything and reinstall but still nothing. Plugins show up as installed ok in Waves central.

If anybody has a clue upon what i could do, please help and thank you very much!

Attached Files:

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

It's likely that it has to do with how Waves plugins work. All versions (vst2, vst3, AU,...) are a thin wrapper to the actual plugin. Let's call it the engine plugin. Also, they've accumulated over the years several versions of their engines. It's complicated.

My best guess is that something doesn't work when the wrapper (the plugin file) tries to load the plugin engine. That's what that instance creation sounds to me. But I haven't used Waves for a very long time so I can't help you more.

Anyways, if you bought them ask in the official forum. I'm sure there's more people who has your problem or very close.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

perform clean uninstall and install of Waves plugins,
    also don't hesitate to contact Waves if you bought the plugins,
    last time I did some installs, plugins just failed to function, it's how Waves plugins are made (nasty wrapper redirecting to own bundle files, some DAWs may occassionally fail to see)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. cimpeanucezar

cimpeanucezar Newbie

i have e-mailed them 3 days ago but still no answer. Could be the case that it was the weekend though. Also no answer on their forum from anyone. Will try to phone them tomorrow and see what's up. if not, think i'm gonna just have to wait for them to respond i guess. Sucks because the plug-ins worked last week. :( Thanks for the feedback.

6. cimpeanucezar

cimpeanucezar Newbie

I finally managed to speak to someone from Waves and after 2 hours of them trying to make it happen through teamviewer, they finally did it! It was a Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable update that had to be made. And after 2 or 3 restarts, my plug-ins are finally back. :metal:

• List
  7. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

OMG, that again :deep_facepalm:
    I can't believe how common is this problem. Can't they at least give some meaningful error? Or just check it out with the installer