Problem installing Samplitude Pro X3

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by sywaro, Dec 15, 2017.

1. sywaro

sywaro Noisemaker

It was installed for awhile then I removed it some months ago after realizing I was using Studio One most of the time. Decided to reinstall it to see if it was worth getting it with the deal going on. When i get to the option screen there is no install option. It's just Modify and Remove. Modify goes through it's process then gives you the done button (nothing is really done) Remove gives you an error because it's looking for files that are not there. I've gone through regedit removing everything magix and samplitude and removing all folders relating to it. Only option left right now is installing on a new OS which I'm not really thrilled about. I was thinking maybe someone had this problem and there's a solution

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  3. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

If you are using Windows then it likes to scatter files all over the place. Usual suspect is your C:\users folder. Try going to your start menu and search for samplitude or magix and see if it shows anything. The slower option is to manually search through all your user folders.

Might be a good idea to get an uninstaller like RevoUninstall which finds all these small files so you don't have problems in future.

If you are on a Mac then I have no idea.

4. Recoil

Recoil Guest

You must delete all Magix entries from the registry.

5. sywaro

sywaro Noisemaker

Already tried your suggestions Peter. I use the program Your Uninstaller. Did that Recoil