Pro Tools Users Abandoning Apple Mac For Microsoft Windows. New Poll Shows Alarming Results

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by floond, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Jeen

Jeen Producer

I use Mac & Hackintosh Since Tiger 10.4 ....
    Avid "Old interface" that is the worst FOR ME is the same since decays ...Mac aax ked plugs are not legion
    maybe Protools is really stable and is the standard for pros but others compagnies made some big progress...
    What i know is MAC Users Abandoning ProTools For Other Daws like LogicX , Live & studio one or Reaper
    i'll still use LogicX that is the best daw and never want to use protools it's only pain and frustration FOR ME...
    ps : i'm 38.... in my life i didn't know one mac user (making music) that have switched to windows
    or only for gaming...
    instead i know a lot of win users that have switched to mac & hackintosh and not only music-makers ...but maybe it exist ...:dunno:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. cyberfunk

cyberfunk Member

I agree. I switched to a cheap Hackintosh laptop with Mojave due to overpriced Mac hardware and I'm very disappointed with where Apple is taking it's laptop design. No ports and sky high prices. MacOS is the most beautifully designed and functional software but hardware is too expensive and under-featured with regards to ports and compatibility with external hardware. USB 3, HDMI, DisplayPort all missing etc. Also the new flat keyboard and TouchBar on MacBook Pro is trash.

3. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

profi werkzeug.. or burglary tool..i dunno...or audio monster :hillbilly:

4. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

comment of the decade
    my non native tongue was always searching for such expression..
    bookkeepers/suits

5. noize2sound

noize2sound Kapellmeister

Future: A dedicated OS for Musicians

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

This is plainly not true. If you have taken time to read the posts, you would find, that most people recognize what Apple did for the personal computer industry.
    Only some idiots are bashing Mac and Apple in this thread. Those one-sentence-posts just don't count. They just reflect their idiocy.

It's you who, again and again, attempts to make peaceful threads a dramazone. By bashing PC users for the thoughts you meant they have.

This said, can you guess what I think you are!? :rofl:

But no need for an answer.
    Another one on my ignore list as its pointless to speak to people with a black & white view on the world!

Have a nice Sunday everybody

7. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

so basically dedicated system+hardware....we're going back 30 years, what an amazing progress :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I think this is a moar accurate poll:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

now even more people will use pro toolz for mixing and mastering only as the new brainworx stuff is out and works perfect, but if that comes out to pc than again it's a no-brainer uninstall , again. :)

pt 12.3.1 is the best from AU.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2019
  10. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

Hm...Let's see if what you said holds water or if you are coming out showing your face for the war effort...
    Half of the First responses here on this thread bash Apple Macs... for instance...
    These comments came straight out the door. But as you just want to offend and start a war "twohearts", I guess you ignored them when you just made your last statement. Since you think those comments don't count. But to Mac folk they do. They show a never ending pattern of insensitive actions regarding the Mac Platform. But I bet you're still hung over from the last conversation you didn't like. But you just proved my point. So I will follow my best judgement and ignore your name.

You have a nice Sunday as well.:bow:

And for my other AS compadres here...As I stated before, Mac bashing is a staple here. I am used to it as are other Mac users. That was what I implied and what I have seen here. The fact that they did a baseless, non-scientific poll just gives fuel to the fire for those that like to do the pc is better talk. I saw it coming when I read the email Protools "experts" sent me.

Lastly, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that there are always good folk that would really like to have an intelligent conversation...but you can't have one when half of the 1st comments start demeaning a format that some people love so much.

warm regards. :mates:

11. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

12. And worse - many companies like to copy Apple, so there are far too many thin, frail, no-port systems out there these days. So far Apple's golden hardware era I think was the time of OS 10.3-10.5. A lot of this was because there was a real push in the company to get back into enterprise computing. So we saw workstation-level towers and laptops as well as consumer models, as well as server and storage racks. And any institutions which bought into this stuff were screwed when Apple changed course yet again and abandoned all that stuff.

My ideal portable Mac is more like a toughbook or one of those military suitcase laptops. Lots of battery and all the ports.

I still have and use real PowerPC Macs, but my current-ish Macs are all Dells I got for cheap.

I really struggle to see the appeal of making gear so thin and light. It's just trading power, speed, and utility for the "privilege" of flimsyness. Then again, I have often been the only person carrying a tower to a gig, so I guess I am an outlier. I'll carry a generator and soundsystem with me, IDGAF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. blaqmatic

You still use aPowerPC? Now that is a testament to Macs! :rofl:

Apple/Mac format has it's issues like any other computing device. But I will never switch. I love the stability and the OS of it. I love that
    it is innovative and cutting edge. Never needed to add more ports just because pc's let you tinker with it's hardware. Interestingly...
    If you look at most issues folks have here, they are mostly about windows issues from what I can see. Case in point, on our sister site if you look at things even lately, most of the complaints are about things not working with their windows OS'es.

14. twinki666

twinki666 Member

It's not too early I would say .... since the time that apple takes people for idiots or cows! it's not shocking I think ... its the evolution :D

15. blaqmatic

I now rest my case and the Jury has convicted. His statement Alone proves all about what us Mac folks understand about what most pc/windows folks believe here. :deep_facepalm: Hey, we're just idiots and cows! :rofl:

16. LuckySevens

LuckySevens Platinum Record

It's because less-and-less people use Pro Tools. That's a caveman's DAW. Mac users can get Logic Pro X (which is better than Pro Tools) for $200... Pro Tools users and PC users are made for each other because they both suck...

17. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I enjoyed reading this post and I admit that I slightly smiled at the polls results.

These are hardly surprising and only show that people are not stupid to spend a premium when cheaper and better options exist: This isn't 1998 anymore.

The next big "shock" for them will be the poll showing how many Pro Tools users decided to migrate to Studio One.

18. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

Even if the poll was less than perfect, as long as they used the same method in the two polls mentioned, the comparison will be valid and clearly significant

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  19. OBKenobi

OBKenobi Producer

Can you say Linux? Yes, it doesn't have the desktop support now but if the world really was reduced to Windows only hell there will definitely be a movement to develop alternatives. It's also possible that Apple will merely remove the completely artificial restraints in OS X tying it to Crapple dongleware and sell it as a PC OS if its hardware business collapses. But I think without Steve Jobs Apple is clueless. Possibly they could leverage the privacy factor like Mozilla is doing against Google and Microsoft, but they can only go so far because they have Five Eyes backdoor requirements to adhere to. So Linux wins the privacy factor too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

I read a lot of people raising Steve Jobs in a half God while he was the perfect example of modern capitalist,selling you shit for thousands dollars,speeding up pollution and ressource depretion.
    Today Apple's policy is exactly what it was in the Steve Jobs' era.
    They make you thinking their last iphone is amazing because it's light,thin,rounded edge,with a beautiful glass while it's especially desighed to slip between your hands and be broken when it falls down on the floor.
    Their imac is just a laptop technology,so less powerfull than a standard pc.And so you can't upgrade it,so after 5 years your imac you paid 2000$ will be obsolete,and then you buy a new one.I don't talk about their specific
    Do you really find that logic ? Honestly.

In the inernet days people discuss about everything around the world,like we are doing.If something is crap,people talk about that.

On top of that western people have less and less money,that could explain why people leave Mac maybe.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List