Pro Tools K on macpro 2018

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Galicia, Jun 16, 2024.

1. Galicia

Galicia Newbie

Good morning everyone,

I've been working with pro tools my whole career (10years) on my desk computer, I've been traveling a lot lately and I work with my macbook pro 2018, I'm running Sonoma on my main drive and I could run Mojave on an external, that's as old as I can go (as far as my knowledge) with OSx. On the other hand I have a bootcamp windows 10, and the two versions I own of pro tools K (HD 9.3 / 9.2) won't run, once I start the install process they restart my macbook and then I can't log back into Windows, even in safe mode. It just crashes the system and the only working option is to reset Windows to default and reinstall everything.
    I tried numerous times with the cmd prompt to uninstall or restart the pc since I can't get out of the main screen but it just wont go back to window it keep rebooting over and over.

Last but not least, the only thing I need is a working pro tools software to open my session so either I need to buy a new Windows computer that runs the versions I had on my desktop or a working link to install on my actual mac book pro (Windows 10 or any working OSx that I could run on my laptop)

This has been really difficult for me with the traveling and I don't make enought to keep buying the licence every month since I'm freelancer and I rely on pro tools since it is what I know best from where I studied.

Thank you kindly

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

then buy it, nowadays official resellers still offer perpetual versions, if you buy new, you can run any older version as well
    :chilling: