Pro tools intro

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Joe Crisp, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Dan Fuerth

Dan Fuerth Kapellmeister

Protools is useless as tits on a pig without having the hardware to back it up. They only reason why its so entrenched in Studios is due to all the Avid hardware that people invested with for Avid protools.
    Everytime I see a "Pro" showing protools they are standing literally next to a $200,000 console and $200,000 of outboard hardware.

We have Studio, Reaper, Samplitude, Cubase etc for quick and fast Daw work, although nothing touches Reaper for speed and code.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Interhustl

Interhustl Newbie

Does PT Intro work offline? Or you always need the Internet...

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I believe it's i-net tethered. Obb-zer-uve >> https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=422858
    I would never bother with anything like that. I don't do i-LOKS and I don't do i-net connections to production machines.

Been using 12.5 HD for quite some time and everything I have ever thrown at it (plugin wise) has worked fine. Unless there were known problems with the plugin itself. When a later PT version gets the R2R or AU treatment THEN I will "upgrade". Until then however 12.5 HD does exactly what I need it to with no extraneous b.s. to contend with.

4. Interhustl

Interhustl Newbie

I agree, but PT 12 does not yet have sidechain delay compensation (without hardware) and sample rounding has not been fixed. It's not critical, apparently, but still... I doubt that there will be a possibility of such an "update") There was definitely some kind of agreement between them, otherwise it would have happened long ago. Well, or no one has been able to overcome the obstacle and get this tasty morsel.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
  5. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I believe you are correct in stating that the only real reason PT latest hasn't been released is because of some kind of treaty made between the scene and the OEM. It absolutely does not have anything to do with the protection scheme being too complex or "uncrackable". You can apply this same template to other higher echelon stuffs that only seems to get released once in a great while if at all...