Pro Tools | First

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Me2audio, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

Want to make great sounding music? Start off right using many of the same tools the pros use—absolutely free.

Pro Tools | First is simple enough for beginners, yet sophisticated for experienced musicians, enabling you to quickly compose, record, edit, and mix music. Entry to the industry’s most trusted audio workstation has never been easier.​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNVeGJ0B_6A​

Get the latest Pro Tools | First news on Avid® Blogs
    Watch the Pro Tools | First Get Started Fast videos so you’re ready to hit the ground running
    See Cloud Collaboration in action, coming soon to Pro Tools | First

Good for beginners :wink:

3. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Avid They Hope by This strategy that users will upgrade to HD Version after using this version

4. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Received a Email over 2 weeks ago that my download link was coming soon, signed up over 3 months ago and still nothing... they can stick it up there you know what ! poor strategy

5. Infidel

Infidel Producer

With the only options being a rent it (monthly or yearly) or buy the full version I'll pass. No upgrade path, no use. I think Avid will put themselves out of business with this stunt. FU AVID!!!

6. Spacely

Spacely Producer

Yeah I got my email from Avid on May 19th and nothing followed.

Pro Tools | First is almost here! Due to massive demand, we’re sending out download invitations in phases to ensure the most stable music creation experience. The first invites have already been sent, and your download is coming soon—stay tuned.

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

studio5599
    Find a new avatar. This is the last time I'm gonna ask nicely.

8. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Not available for me yet either. I could almost make this work for me if it wasn't limited to 16 tracks. Perhaps there will be a way to unlock this for more tracks like was done for Cubase Elements. :dunno: Why am I always being drawn back to Pro Tools?

9. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

I had signed-up for this when it was first announced – months ago – and ever since, I've been receiving promotional e-mails from Avid concerning other things, but no download/activation/whatever link for Pro Tools First. Some time this year, maybe?

PTF seems like Avid's ruse (I'm not saying "scam") to pull-in beginners and others who haven't been using any form of Pro Tools, get them using the product, and then charge customers incrementally for more online storage, application upgrades, plug-ins, and so forth. The cloud-based collaborative potential is interesting, but Avid seemd to be directly copying Audiocommon's model for that.

Watched a PTF demonstration video on YouTube - the speaker kept using the word "powerful" in regard to PTF and its features. It would made a great drinking game, to drink a shot whenever he said it, but it would certainly result in brain-death or liver failure.

10. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

What a joke, AVoID ProFools :bleh: :rofl:

11. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

You cant even use 3rd Party plugins with PTF :wink:

12. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Crap I forgot about that! :snuffy:

13. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Seems that Studio One Prime will be a better choice as free daw

14. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

now we can have DAE errors for free yay

15. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Protools users saying they "need" to use it, whereas they hate it remembers me ppl voting for politicians because they "need" to...even if they hate them. On my side, i stopped voting and never liked Protools 80's workflow and bugs.

Most ppl on this planet don't know what "free will" mean. They hide behind words like "money", "reality"...whatever.
    You like to be an Avid ProSlave ? So keep going that way
    You hate being a ProSlave ? Change your way
    But complaining AND going in the same direction will change nothing in your life.
    Because Avid keep your balls in their hands. They know it, and they even try to catch more balls with their pseudo-free offer.
    "Industry standard" my a**. Like a rusted hammer ?

A medium said it was easy to predict future for most ppl, because 99% of them don't use their free will. You look at their past, their present and know their future. Simple :wink:

16. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion Producer

HAHA! Now, this made me crack up...
    I have personally had more issues/errors with Pro Tools than when I learned to walk as a baby. I feel like Pinky & The Brain (very slight exaggeration). Finally had my head bumped enough to try something else. A brother suggested Logic, so I'll see how that goes. It's good so far. But, I feel disrespected by how many times Pro Tools failed or foiled me, after paying good, hard-earned money for it. 10 is very likely my last purchase from Avid.

17. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

So it's the same as Pro Tools Free 15 years ago except that had 48 midi tracks and and Pro Tools First has 16. lol.

18. Me2audio

Me2audio Member

Try also samplitude if you can, you might like it :wink: