Pro Tools | First - yeah, right!

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by stevitch, Jul 9, 2015.

1. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

You want to force me to listen movies instead of watching? :rofl:

2. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

I MAKE SOUL & CLASSIC MUSIC AND I'M SCORE COMPOSER

my question here are you score composer if not you will never understand what that video is all about

3. DanielFaraday

Since what time i need to be a score composer to undestand what does scoring means and how daw works? :)

4. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

OK, I see... after reading your strings of response which are all blown up myths of Pro Tools being this and that, other DAWs can't this and that while everybody in the thread are pointing the obvious to you, ain't no reason to debate. I must point AGAIN that I've been and still is Pro Tools user/owner. So, I follow them just as much as you...nothing in Avid world that you'd know that I don't. Unless it is some Wikileaks documents :rofl:
    My conclusion is that you are an Avid Brainwash or Pro Tools Believer, whichever comes first! hahahaha!! Avid sure didn't catch me with their washing.

Well, it's all dandy; good to see some of you hardcore PT heads still exist and highly believe in the product! :wink:

Handshake... End!

5. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

I Will Explain to you in short term , I'M Professional and i work in big budget films that's why avid is the first choice
    but comparing to you and others here on the forum who are independent & work in home studio i suppose there is no need for you to use hardware of avid is very expensive for home studio , i hope you understand know *yes* that this is not about brain wash or something it's about the truth any film with big budget you will find avid in their studios

6. DanielFaraday

Can we see your portfolio?

7. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

I'M IN WAREZ SITES , I LIKE TO STAY AND KNOWN HERE AS Mr_Amine

my real name is too personal for me to share , i hope you understand

the truth why people hate Avid PROTOOLS because of AAX HOST IS NOT CRACKED YET , AND AVID PROTOOLS REQUIRE AT LEAST 8GB RAM , OH WAIT THERE IS NO CRACKED PROTOOLS HD YET THAT'S WHY DAMN I WAS WASTING MY TIME ON PEOPLE COMPARING DAW THAT THEY NEVER USED BEFORE EVER :rofl: :dunno:

HOME STUDIO USERS ISN'T THE INDUSTRY
    PROFESSIONAL STUDIOS IT'S WHAT REPRESENT THE INDUSTRY

8. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

The idea of a freebie protools sounded very nice, but I feel the restrictions using it will not make many go out a pay for a proper version, I signed up, but am not going to bother installing it, online connection required to work on projects (just 3 of em), not able to use 3rd party plugins, no thanks

a good marketing idea wasted :sad:

9. DanielFaraday

-You investing 20k$+ in tdm crap
    -They switching it for AAX
    -5 insert fx master race

profit

10. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

I DIDN'T BUY IT , IT WAS GIVEN TO ME AS GIFTFROM YAMAHA WHEN I BOUGHT YAMAHA 01V96

11. DanielFaraday

I know. :)

What is wrong with fl mixer? It's black, shining, matte, borderless, with cables. It's beautiful. You can make it fullscreen. I hate step sequencers, but mixer in fl is just perfect. <3

12. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

Nuendo is used in film scoring just as much as PT's and it's more powerful..........don't believe the hype!

13. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

The fun thing with DAW wars is how they seem to offer insight into different personalities for free.

14. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

I'm not Pro Tools user (too expensive for personal usage, requires dongle), but like a car buyer, you can choose your favorite model between Mercedes, Bentley, BMW, Cadillac, Renault, WV... speed, look, comfort, usage cost... blue, black, red, white, pink with green stars..., depending about budget, inspiration/preferences (GUI look), available features, workflow, supported plugin formats, protection scheme, usage (live performance and/or studio), etc... Some users prefer Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Live, Studio One, Samplitude, FL Studio, Reaper etc... any DAW have pros and cons. it's a personal choice, in fact exactly like a car buyer, IMO. :bow:

15. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

"PTF IGNORES all plug-ins NOT acquired via the Marketplace."

So it's useless then, if you can't use all your existing stuff.

And also, if it can't be used to open other PT projects someone might have sent you, all the more useless.

16. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

I agree 100% with you about REAPER! only some stock instruments are missing in this fantastic DAW (such ReAnalogSynth and ReaSampler - for example). It's a very cheap DAW, have ton and ton of features (unbelievable), fantastic FX plugins such ReaComp / ReaEQ, loving Cockos company about its fair price policy and licensing system, wonderful support, incoming v5 (nicer GUI, VST3 support etc.) :bow:

17. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I think your capslok broke.

ProTools is industry standard, but that is mainly because its signal flow and handling concept relates closely to the workflow on a console. It's really no good daw and far inferior to cubase or logic. It's ok for recording and editing, but that's it.
    There is a reason why the pro tools hardware can be used with other daws and I've seen the combination of pt hd+logic pro in various studios.

18. ShadowOfTheZ

ShadowOfTheZ Ultrasonic

a professional mixer should accept session files in any format from the producer

it's his business do deal with the shit inside pro tools, convert sessions, if he wants to stick to PT for some reason

the musician on the other side cares about the music not the DAW

19. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

As a fl studio fan-boy. I have to point out, that the fl mixer has a devious way of routing. Every inserted track has to be routed individually instead of every track on the play-list is set to an separate channel... each might have its advantages but it surely feels strange if you came from a different daw I think

20. Listening_player

Listening_player Member

Well that post went out of line as nearly every post that has anything to do with avid does :rofl:
    It was not about all protools version but only about protools first. I think that even the hardcore avid fans have to admit that protools first is crap because you can´t really work with it. That has nothing to do with the bigger versions.

Each DAW has its own strengths an weaknesses. I´m for example using cubase as my main daw because I really like the audio editing capabilities and the fact that you can do every type of music in it (even if some DAWs might be better for some types). I will never use Ableton Live because i don´t really make electronical music or live music but I would never go as far as saying that it is not a good DAW only because it doesn´t suit my needs.