Pro Tools crash with latest R2R Dehumaniser Simple Monsters and Dualism

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Gyorgy Ligeti, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Gyorgy Ligeti

Gyorgy Ligeti Platinum Record

Hi guys, I would like to know, if possible, if you in Pro Tools 12.5 HD (AU) Krotos Simple Monsters and DMG Audio Dualism crash immediately upon loading. Latest releases of R2R
    Thanks

3. Aswad

Aswad Ultrasonic

wait untill they release the new Pro tools :D

4. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

Yes. The same here after some new releases install. I don't know which one but I don't even got Dehumaniser and DMG....

5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i still have faith, but doubtful... i surely hope i'm wrong...

6. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

Check out what R2R says in the Antares Avox release few weeks ago, dude. Seems new PT is still far away...

7. Gyorgy Ligeti

Difficult to talk about a new release of Pro Tools. After AudioUTOPiA there has been the desert for all these years, so it is impossible to predict the future. R2R is supporting AU's AAXs for the moment, more or less.

8. Gyorgy Ligeti

But returning to the specific problem of the post then, did anyone else have this same behavior with these two plugins?

9. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Indeed that's why i said doubtful but still clinging to a little bit of fait...

They're supporting AAX because of AU's PT release, if there were none they wouldn't...

if they decide to work on PT they could always release an updated version or something that adds the aax format of a certain plugin release, i think they have done something similair in the past...

10. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

I don't have those two plugins and still have the crash after this new plugins wave. I don't know which one is causing the crash. Maybe more than one, who knows? The point is it was running pretty good before.
    I am tried a clean PT instalattion right now it crashed 3 times so far when reading the AAX plugins list.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

In my personal experience the AU PT release is stable and rock solid, i have done countless mixes with it and haven't had one pt-related problem, so it is safe to say that if a plugin crashes with PT it's usually the plugin's fault...

12. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

Yes. I have been working on PT AU12 since it came. It's a plugin fault for sure. All was good before this new plugin update/new releases by R2R.
    On the first wave a few of them had issues and they gave us a fix. Let's wait....

13. Gyorgy Ligeti

Absolutely right guys, PT AU is still the strongest and most stable DAW to date, which is amazing for a 6 year old release. This makes us reflect on what kind of champions the members of AudioUTOPiA were. Surely the problems are due to plugins.

14. Metallium

Metallium Ultrasonic

Well after removing PT, clean the registry and foders plus a brand new PT install it is running again.
    I have a tough time to pass through the loading window. PT just closed itself many times. Then after all I was able to open up a small session for testing purposes.
    Since I don't which plugin was causing the issue I am going to open big sessions later to see how it goes. For now it seems to work fine again.
    Good luck, guys!