Pro Tools AudioUTOPIA first time users

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Rhodes, Dec 22, 2015.

1. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

Nah, as I can see... your ass got here in Feb. 2015. If anything we can see who gets out of here first?
    So, now you want to be a PUNK?
    OK! let's be punky to each other and see where it goes from there. I'm game.
    I see you are obsessed with "kids", just letting you know I ain't one :no:

2. masterj

masterj Ultrasonic

op just started the thread to instigate the pro fools hate ball rolling again. We get it, Audiosex fucken HATES pro tools but flocks to it like seagulls when its finally cracked. Theyve spent more time downloading it and all these aax plugins then complaining than actually making music

lmao

3. MrRobRancor

MrRobRancor Ultrasonic

why does it seem like 90% of the threadds here turn into a salt show?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

PROTOOLS : If you're Mixing a project, or capturing "musicians performing"

CUBASE/ABLETON : If you're Composing/Producing your own stuff

5. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

I already was "Happy protools user" in the past. Don't want this crap again even for free. But i'm glad that everyone now can use it. Merry Christmas. ^__^

6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Read Rage 0.0.0.1b (freeware).
    Beta version of road rage for interwebs.
    :hillbilly:

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Guys, please stop the Kid vs Experienced argument, you wanna speak about a DAW (or any other thing) isn't there any better argument than age and time to measure each one's opinion?
    Example, if I was a kid and open a certain DAW, my criteria may be the same as today, 'cause I've always been more of a composer than an engineer, so this DAW may or may not be practical to achieve what I want, and I can see, feel it, in a short time.
    It's just an example where old vs young, experienced vs newbie have no place.

Instead, ask why the guy say what he says, then you'll see if there are valuable reasons or not and if those reasons are into your own criteria or not.
    There so many different uses for DAWs there cannot be one and only truth about any of them. So respect others opinions and ask why.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

There sure are a lot of vocal assholes around here lately

And that's coming from me

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. wayne3

wayne3 Member

Installed -> uninstalled after 24 hours ...

The integration of VST plugins (TransVST) did not work for me in Win7/64. Working with MIDI based audio instruments in PT is as in the past century (antique).

It is certainly good for people who are the most of their time mixing or recording audio.

A plus for me is the clear GUI.

10. Marianus

Marianus Ultrasonic

@Olymoon , just wanted to tag you in a post but i see you already stepped in.
    Mr. 2011 @dadarkman is abusively trolling this thread with uncensored and agressive language. I presume he deserves a warning in that case? :)
    Or is he too old and immune to the rules?

Back to topic now (so i won't get fully O.T.) I did installed Pro Tools, i tried it, it's a good workhorse for mixing but for midi work i found it kinda clumsy but that's just my opinion. Also i like the new feature of selecting all the tracks -> rightclick then -> bounce, so you can export/render all the tracks simultaneously (including busses, FX & Automations) without setting up extra busses like the old fashioned way.
    It might feel slow for the first-time users, but if they learn the all the shortcuts, get some good recent tutorials from labels like Lynda or such, learn most of the key shortcuts and etc. they will definetely learn how to work faster in PT than it might seem at the first sight. I know an engineer who's working blinding fast in PT, his fingers are like a machine-gun tapping shortcuts and it seems to work for him.
    my 2c.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

I've just installed PT for the first time. The GUI looks old-fashioned, not up-to-date at all. Not intuitive for me as a VST user. And why the two windows mix and edit? And why the silly box when you start it up asking what kind of project you want to open? Just open the fecking thing, I know how to click File> Open/Import or whatever. To be honest I already have more than enough DAWs to choose from, and not one of them is a complete 'Workstation', as I've said before, they all fall short! I only installed PT to check out Avid Xpand2 only because the VST version wasn't released - and on second opening I can't find it!! Insert> Instrument would make bloody sense Avid! Xpand2 is impressive, all Avid the plugins are impressive. But look, Pro Tools has forever been the snobbish studio software .. the one that you had to have the Pro Tools hardware to use. And it looks and works the way it does, in large part from user feedback over many years. Many of those users have never used anything else, don't know what the new GUIs look like, aren't missing anything, don't care about that. But new users DO. And if Avid want to attract and keep new users, users who probably do move around different DAWs these days, they will need to update themselves to fit into the new digital recording paradigm, much of which is done on the move on laptops (Ableton filled that need nicely) and much of which is done at HOME, yes in the bedroom on your HOME computer, the one that's also used by the wife and kids. That's how we live and work these days, even those people who step up into professional status very quickly. I hope they're listening...

12. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

@Marianus Great Mr. Saturday... See, it's all about you get at me and I get back at you!
    I simply didn't want to debate with Rhodes anymore and I let him know how I felt. You don't have to represent Rhodes and start a side war with me. I never replied, rate or mark any of your 146 posts. So, where do you get inserted in this again?
    I can always shut my mouth as long as you don't have anything to say about me. I'm not gonna sit back and let you have a free ride. Unless, unless... you have a reason to? In this case, I'm not even sure when you came in the frame. So, let's chill on this if you will!

@Olymoon I know it's all P.C and it's all "let it be" or in my own terms: "let garbage be garbage" and don't point it out... You or others may see it as personal. Honestly, I just couldn't help asking the logical reasoning behind the thread. However, I gotta keep in mind that this is a forum in the middle of nowhere and some people always gonna agree and some will disagree regardless of useless threads being open and "what the heck" comments being posted; I gotta remind myself of that. That's all!

13. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Please guys both of you stop this sterile fight (both of you have been PMed).

About the reason of the thread, I find it totally understandable that, when most of us couldn't try this PT properly (in my case PT10 with no 64bit was a no go), now we can, so we can give an opinion about it as first time users. It's garbage for you?, ok you're not oblige to participate.

14. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

I'm sorry Olymoon, very sorry! You and everybody on the thread fail to see the underlying reason for the thread. I agree to disagree. Now time to take my butt to Christmas zone!

Happy Holidays!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  15. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

How can you be sure that this a disguised developer post ?? You are so affirmative...

16. dadarkman

dadarkman Producer

No, my main reply was NOT being affirmative or believe that it is a "disguised developer post". Not at all! If my post is read right, it was going in a different direction. However, per the last note I got, I'll leave this one here. No need to elaborate at this point. As you said, I could have just "not participate" which is the factual thing I should have done!

17. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

@dadarkman .. Yes, the thread is useless. For the OP to present it as if it would be useful for PT developers to read is nonsense. The only phones ringing are iLok's. And PT staff are not searching the wide web in hope to find the cracked version is working ok for everyone. (Done)

People should be "short" when responding to bullshit. When a person sees a thread topic as useless.. they should not in turn make more use of the thread than the other respondents.

18. KingzDubStep

KingzDubStep Ultrasonic

i found this comment quite bizarre as i find it hard to understand that someone could find a DAW boring, they all do the same thing just in different ways? surely the excitement comes from the user? just thought id put that out there, im not saying you lack excitement ha ha

19. Boujwa

Boujwa Ultrasonic

I like pro tools so much., but when it comes to produce, pro tools is not my first choice. However, the
    Drag MIDI To Commit in pro tools 12 is an excellent feature which can help someone to save a lot time . Again , i prefer Cubase for producing. That's my choice.

20. sexyman

sexyman Ultrasonic

PT takes a bit of time to learn but if you stick to it you will find thats its a great daw to compose and mix with. plus thats what the pro's use so if you ever gets lucky and gets signed, all your mixes are ready to be passed on to the pros.
    `start off by teaching your self to use PT.
    watch these tutorials
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXmi76euGSyzXIKjigLhxJ_sWDwod0eYi