Pro Tools and blending two mics WTH?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by julianbre, Jul 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. julianbre

julianbre Producer

Ok, session running PT10HD Win7 tracking guitars. Normally use one mic but decide to use two and blend inside of PT. Set two Aux channels for input of each mic, send outputs to a bus. Bus output to mono recording track. Every time the track is delayed. Tried every configuration of routing I could think of but no luck.

Recording each mic straight to it's own audio track, no problem. Anything with a bus, big problem. This has eaten up a whole tracking day so I will just track with one mic but what am I doing wrong?

No plugins on any tracks of the session and not showing any delay compensation for any track either. Any help is appreciated.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Daz

Daz Guest

Wouldn't you be better off recording on the 2 tracks anyway, you can do the blending etc after.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. julianbre

julianbre Producer

Hi Daz, I've got a good blend on the mics so I just want to commit it to a mono track. It such a standard routing configuration that I figured I must be doing something wrong. It sure has me stumped.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

6. julianbre

julianbre Producer

Hey Pirate, that's what I was thinking. Some PT weirdness that I had never run into yet. Thanks for the thread on the DUC.
    I'm using a RME HDSP 9652 card and it should have the newest drivers. At this point, If I need two mics, I'll record them both and blend them later.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Do that. Sometimes if you find a solution that works, that is the smart thing to do.