Pro Tools 12 problems

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by duskwings, Dec 22, 2015.

1. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

Maybe we celebrated too soon.I ve always used Pro Tools and i was fine with version 10,then the other day teamAudioUtopia gave us this christmas gift that I immediately dowloaded and installed.
    I was happy, it loaded and the first impression was that everything was working,AAX plugins would load and work, exept BFD3, i dont know why.
    But not all that glitters is gold....
    As a matter of fact there are some issues that I don t know if they can be the crackers' fault or Avid's.
    It amost impossible not getting a headache after loading an audio clip in a track to test it:
    when u click on the clip it get s highlighted and that s normal,what is not normal is that u don t know where to click to remove thi highlight,and if u have two or more clips on more track, tey all get affected even if u only want to highlight one.
    Deleting a track is also abnormal: one should be able to delete it or make it inactive simply by right clicking on the tack name and choose the option,but it doesn t happen with this release:u have to on "track" in the toolbar on top of the window to decide what to do with the track.
    These aeren t minor problems, because u can t rely on luck to be able to remove thi highlighting from a track going to the track list and toy around until u manage to work only on a track, and when u have to do another operation u have to do what u did five minutes before.
    Am I the oly one who experienced these bugs?
    I d like an answer from those who have tried it for a while and know pro tools well enough to understand what i mean by comparing it with previous versions, thanks

3. Adrianus Antonius

Adrianus Antonius Producer

Works as expected here, can select a clip and then deselect it by clicking anywhere else in arrange space, also as expected right-clicking a track there is an option to delete it and of course it deletes it.
    Seems like you have majorly messed up your installation. You might have to remove your Pro tools 10 and reinstall Pro Tool 12.

4. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

Pro Tools 12.4 Now Arriving In Avid Accounts

5. duskwings

I removed PT10, ill try to reinstall PT12 again

6. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

In windows it is good to run CCleaner after removing apps, and you should restart then install new app.

7. duskwings

I did, i m wondering if somethign went wrong when i unrared the file

8. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

works the same as the original here

9. shufflecheck

shufflecheck Member

Hi friends.
    I m PC+Cubase 8 user.
    Does it need an special audio card to be tested? I have Saffire PRO 24... Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  10. duskwings

it works with every hardware now

11. shufflecheck

shufflecheck Member

Thank you so much for your fast answer.:like:

12. duskwings

Ok, i downloaded it again, i removed every previous memory of the installation,i reinstalled it from scratch but nothing, i still have these problems,i can t figure out what the cause is

13. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

I have yet to put this through it's paces on my audio-only computer but experimenting on my "guinea pig" computer I have not had any problems at all. No problems with highlighting clips or deleting tracks. I didn't do a bunch of TransVST stuff so the the majority of my plugins that I have loaded are AAX. A lot of times problems are related to a rogue plugin issue. I'm running Windows 10 on this computer. I assume your computer has plenty of power and RAM? Or.......is it just karma! I remember when we were all having trouble with an earlier version of Pro Tools, you were one of the few that didn't have issues! :) Don't know what else to say bro, I hope you figure it out!

14. duskwings

ahaha yes,i was the only one with pro tools 10 working :)
    my pc is not so powerful, 8 gb ram i5 cpu, windows 7 64 ,but i dont think it s a matter of resources, there must be something during the installation

15. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Yeah..that should be plenty of resources to run PT. Usually when there is an installation problem the program won't run at all in my experience. Thinking back to all of my PT issues, other than plugin issues, there was the NVIDIA video card issue. Since you ran PT before it probably isn't that. Sounds like it could be some sort of conflict going on that is sharing/hogging resources...maybe?? I guess as a last resort you could do a clean Windows install, just depends how bad you want PT12. I will install it on my Windows 7 Audio machine tomorrow and see if that gives me any issues. You could try the tip where you temporarily remove all of you plugins from the plugins folder and see what happens. Good luck man, I know how frustrating this can be!

16. duskwings

After the third installation i ve finally realized what the problem is, and i m afraid there s no solution.In fact the problem is my old grey m-audio oxygen keyboard,it s always sucked with PT but somehow i managed to make it work and if it didn t, at least it didn t cause any trouble.But now when i choose it as midi controller,pro tools starts to behave strangely as i described before, if someone has aome ideas let me know,i can live without the master keyboard, but sometimes it s helpful

17. duskwings

Pk,i managed to make it work,i had to uncheck game midi controller from the options

18. Silver rain

Silver rain Noisemaker

I hade some problems with m-audio oxygen keyboard, I guess it hade USB cable but since I used old fashion MIDI cable it worked.
    And one more thing try to find new driver for it.

Ok just saw you fixed it. Great!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  19. returnal

returnal Rock Star

An anecdote . . . :winker:

When I upgraded to Logic X from Logic 9 my Channel Strips had some strange glitches. I consulted with Apple and LogicProHelp, and a few other helpful forums for ideas. I tried everything that was suggested. Nothing helped. Finally someone suggested I create a new user account on my mac and see if installing Logic Pro X under that new user would work properly - and it did! So I decided to migrate everything from my old user account over to this new one. In the process I thought I'd first go through my old user account and delete any dead wood - get rid of all the crap I had accumulated over the years that I didn't need anymore. I deleted a lot of crap, but nothing directly related to Logic - no plugins, or anything like that. Then before making the big migration to the newly created user account I opened Logic X under my old user account one last time and low-and-behold, it all worked properly. In the end I didn't have to migrate over to my new user account after all. I still have no idea what file it was I deleted that was causing the issue with Logic X, but nearly a year later and it's still all working as it should. Somewhere there was a ghost in the machine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Yes....the highly anticipated "Track Freeze" is in PT 12.4. There is a video on You Tube showing that it works, the only problem is that it took over 40 seconds to freeze a 27 second track with a simple EQ plugin. Maybe the guy has a crap computer?

21. meggedu2

meggedu2 Kapellmeister

Glad you found the source of your issue! I will be trying Pro-tools out for the first time today (as an exclusive live user)... This post had me worried ;)