Pro Tools 12 AudioUTOPIA and ilok 2 legit + waves r2r + waves legit

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Medrewb, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

I am buying ilok2 and I have a few questions. I will be using Pro Tools 12 HD AudioUTOPIA as main DAW.

1. Can I use legit ilok2 plugins with Pro Tools 12 AudioUTOPIA?
    2. I am buying Slate VMR and other stuff and I hope it will not interfere with other AudioUTOPIA ilok plugins?
    3. I will be probably using waves v9r30 r2r and I would like to buy the new "Greg Wells Plugins" , will it work together with the new Waves Central stuff and k'ed r2r stuff?

In short I am using PT 12 Hd AudioUTOPIA with some ke'd plugins and legit ones, I will buy the legit stuff (ilok 2 stuff and UAD). Will it be compatible?

3. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

All will work expect Waves Stuff, the new central thing will delete all old plugins and install new ones, so you either use the whole Bundle from R2R without the new stuff, or buy and use the new things instead your call.

PS Utopia Pro tools will work with legit and cracked plugins with no problems. instaling iLok2 wont affect Pro tools ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. megablox

megablox Ultrasonic

yeah the waves central stuff is annoying, it has to uninstall EVERYTHING for one install to work (legit obviously)

5. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

I'm sorry to say to all the haters and skeptics that now I have the Waves V9R30 working flawlessy
    in Pro Tools 12.3.1 and I am slowly coming around to liking it. I was once a skeptic...
    I could never get earlier versions to run without crashing on startup on in the middle of a session.

Hopefully the next update or full version of BFD3 will run in Pro Tools natively.

Starting to find the hidden potential of this version by viewing bits and pieces of tutorial sets and
    also exploring. Poking around is yeilding more results than tutorials as is usually the case.

The ease of layout, setup and manipulation of audio live up to the hype at last.

One area left to explore MIDI...

6. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

RE Waves: at least on mac, you can install the bundle (not the new one, you need to use the old W9r30 installer), copy your legit unpatched plugin somewhere else, patch the plugs with R2R [k], move the unmatched plugins back to waves folder. This way you can use your legit waves plugins AND cracked ones. I did it on my Mac with legit protools 12 and Waves Platinum bundle. Now I can use it with PT in AAX but i can also use the whole mercury with logic

7. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

The audio editing is second to none. They got that right. Still exploring as well. Have you noticed anything with the summing? I don't want to open a can of worms but with 4 plus tracks I'm noticing something. There seems to be a difference compared to other daws. Maybe I'm going nuts

8. ceanganb

ceanganb Ultrasonic

Is Heat enabled? If it is, you'll certainly notice a difference.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

So that's what that button does. Lol I looked up the heat thing and realized that was in my mixer all the way to the right. Learned somthing. Thanks

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

How did you make Waves v9r30 R2R work in AudioUtopia ProTools 12 quadcore64? By using a VST bridge plugin? Because Waves AAX waveshell doesn't work. PT says "no license" while scanning plugins and you have to skip Waves plugins detection at that point so you don't get them listed in PT12 at all. :/

Waves VST waveshells work without a problem in Cubase 8. What am I missing...? I copied and overwrote all the original Waveshells with the patched ones. But there is a slight possibility I copied the AAX waveshells into wrong locations...

What I meant to ask is actually did you do anything special aside from copying the patched AAXs to Avid plugins folder?

Edit: I have found "Waves R2R Patched AAX for Pro Tools 12" on the sister site. I suppose that should make them work in PT12. Great! :wink:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  11. julianbre

julianbre Producer

Not to hijack, but does Heat come with PT12 HD? That would be killer!

12. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

does heat work in AudioUTOPiA's pt12 ?