Pro Tools 12.5 Zero Sound / Timer Moving Many Times Slower Than Norm

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by fsworx, Apr 17, 2018.

1. fsworx

fsworx Newbie

This is the specific
    Avid Pro Tools HD v12.5.0.395 WIN X64 READ NFO-AudioUTOPiA

On my Windows 10 computer I load up PTools and my problem begins on my first attempt to play back/record. The Timer/clock moves at what seems to be 10-20% of normal speed (seconds) and no sound can played back ( or recorded properly :( ).

That instance only lasted until I restarted the program. I have used It continuously in 2 separate instances without major hiccup. Earlier today It happened again briefly, afterwards I continued with it. I am coming back from a nap after hours of seamless usage and the problem has reoccurred and i cannot break free from it.

I did not have any problems on my Windows 8.1 Computer previous to this Windows 10 computer.

Compatibility mode for windows 8 is blockaded by error and all other compatibility modes inhibit Protools from starting completely. (7/vista/vista1+2)

Any ideas or advice would be greatly received. I am new to having equipment worthy of programs and plugins common the this site/forum-users, so any guidance is a direct influence for my progression.

[[[[[Edit }}}}}}}}}
    While i was typing this and researching, I restarted the computer again and yet again it is working. So i guess I am seeking guidance as to if there is a fix for this or if i should reinstall/download new.

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. Staff Member

Moved to Protools section

4. Blue

Blue Platinum Record

I have no problem with win 10