Pro Tools 10 HD on OS X El Capitan

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by Snill, Oct 3, 2015.

1. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

If you are a serious producer/composer/engineer you cant be updating ur system every year just because apple decided it was a good idea to keep restructuring everything. Those updates are for the general public not professionals.

2. mapjay

mapjay Member

i agree... to a point. Unfortunately, Apple's newest machines, won't boot older OS X versions. it would be great to say, hey everyone! don't buy the latest Apple Mac machine, cuz you can't boot Mavericks on it anymore!!! But you know what, plenty of people here already own the new machines, and are stuck with OS X 10.10.4 or 10.10.5 only, already. it's only a matter of time (probably only a couple months) before the next round of new models will ONLY BOOT El Capitan OS X v10.11.x.

So... staying current is crucial. I certainly agree for most, it is not wise to update. it is with those new machines running latest OS X, that we learn new tips, tricks and procedures. it is life.. it moves forward. with or without us :dunno:

3. The LT

The LT Ultrasonic

I wish it was the case. For example, DaVince Resolve 12 Studio (quite a professional video application) requires a minimum of 10.10.2. Developers try to keep pace.

And yeah, Resolve 12 is quite a leap forward feature-wise, so it's worth it to update. :) Sorry for derailing the thread.

4. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

I just updated El Capitan 10.11 to 10.11.1 Beta I hope there is something good.
    Apple Fix El Capitan Audio Issues in OS X 10.11.1 (Beta)
    If you were waiting to upgrade to OS X El Capitan due to problems with audio unit plugins and music hardware, Apple have an update round the corner that is going to fix it for us. Good news at last!
    says:
    [​IMG]
    http://bit.ly/1L6sXS1

5. Snill

Snill Kapellmeister

By removing this the restart/shutdown issue will be gone. :rofl:

[​IMG]