Pro Tools 10 crashed by Trackspacer plugin

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by sham69, Sep 12, 2015.

1. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

Hello there,

I'm with OSX ML 10.8.5 with legit PT10 (non HD),

anyone having problems with TrackSpacer 2.04 (Hexwars release) with PT,

Here's how the problem occurs :

as soon as I move the lowpass or highpass filter WHILE playing back audio, it will "crash" pro tools (pro tools closes itself without saving).

PLease let me know, there must others users with PT and TracSkpacer ?

3. karlarsch

karlarsch Ultrasonic

Yep, same here, isnt only Your problem. But the plug is great. As You said, when You stop and adjust, it´s stable.
    Karl

4. copylefter

copylefter Producer

I don't have PT on this Mac to check as I haven't installed yet all my audio stuff on this new machine, so I can't help much, but I remember clearly I used RTAS (hexwars release as well) without problems on PT10.3.10 [cracked ProTools in my case].
    I'm not sure whether I was using AAX or RTAS tbh, if AAX was both 32/64bit I surely used that,
    if it's 64bit only I was using RTAS ofc.

Are you using AAX or RTAS ?
    Have you tried the AU or VST version in another host to see if it works?

Your problem sound strange to me, to start, AAX and RTAS are wrappers (and also all other formats apart VST) that load VST binary.
    That's why this is one of the few cracked plugs with AAX working.

What you describe looks exactly a protection related crash. Actually the only MCFACT custombomb present in Trackspacer protection is just what you describe: immediate crash on filter frequency change, which is the only hard thing to defeat in this protection.

It could be a bad crack, if I wasn't sure I used it many times in both VST and AAX/RTAS.
    I used it on just about every project in Live 9-64bit and PT10.3.9/10.3.10.
    And I'm sure many other people I know used it thoroughly without problems.

Only thing that comes to my mind is that maybe your AAX/RTAS is loading the wrong VST binary for an installation problem.

To start reinstall it from scratch (install all format if installer let you choose what to install, can't remember now), then check out if VST works with any 32bit host you have at hand.
    Then, try also AU 32bit, if it crash like PT then it's sure the problem is the VST binary in app support used for all formats using wrappers.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope it helps a bit :wink:

5. johnmcguirk

johnmcguirk Noisemaker

Yo dude! I had the same problem with the cracked PT9HD (using RTAS) from a few years ago. When I updated to the cracked PT10HD I installed the AAX version and haven't had any problems since. With PT closed, Check and see if you have both the RTAS (App Support/Digidesign/Plugins) and the AAX (App Support/Avid/Audio/Plugins). If you have both, delete the RTAS version and start your PT up and see what happens.

Good luck!

6. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Thanks for the report mate,
    that's why I used it a lot, it's cause I was using AAX. Probably hexwars forgot to patch RTAS, since it wraps a dedicated 32bit only binary in Application Support.

7. karlarsch

karlarsch Ultrasonic

Yeah, great, problem solved.
    Thanks!
    Karl

8. johnmcguirk

johnmcguirk Noisemaker

And thank you for all your contributions :like: I don't know much about the second half of your post :P However, I did have the crash issue as well in PT9 and worked around it by stopping the playback, making adjustments and then starting the playback again. It worked, but it was less than ideal. Now with the openssh PT10 and AAX things are working pretty flawlessly. Still using version 2.04 of the plugin.

I could be wrong but I assume both the RTAS and AAX versions are 32 bit, since (from what I know) PT10 had not yet supported 64 bit plugs.

Good luck OP!

9. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

You guys are great, I don't know why I didn't try the aax version before, but it is working fine here with aax version,

so indeed it seems RTAS wasn't patched.

Thanx a lot,:yes:

and have a nice week end !

10. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

cool, this brings to mind, I have not used protools much over the years until recently, (i used the OG way back when, but no midi-no bueno...), but now am using it (or having to use it more) in a studio I am working at... it would be interesting to have a thread which listed WORKING AAX k's out there, as some, as Copylefter said, were just wrappers loading VST binary.... thus able to work....

11. asad12

asad12 Platinum Record

there's a thread already that lists all AAX ke'd plug-ins that work in PT 11

https://audiosex.pro/threads/crack-plugins-working-in-pro-tools-11.11444/ :)

Very useful. When the post first started, I didn't expect the list to be this long.

12. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Thanks asad12, I missed that!