Presonus Studio One Version 5.2 Update (March 9, 2021)

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by Graves.Root, Mar 13, 2021.

1. SEnki

SEnki Producer

I rolled back to 5.0.2. This works if you're using it for a single side chain but if you have different side chain for different instrument groups, this isn't really a fix. You're only option right now if you make use of multiple side chains is using v5.0.2.

2. Ariel Gonzalez

Ariel Gonzalez Platinum Record

as i asked on the other thread, what if you send that ghost bus? or was that the problem?

3. SEnki

SEnki Producer

You'd have to create a ghost bus for each side chain group. If you ask me, that's a crappy work around for something that worked fine in versions prior to 5.1. I love the enhancements in 5.2, but I use side chains a lot and this work around just adds extra work.

4. Ariel Gonzalez

i think you didn't understand man. what i'm trying to say is, instead of creating a ghost bus for each group, can you send (through send on the mixer) the current one and having the same effect??

i don't care much about it because i normally use things like kickstart o lfo tool to do that shit. but, if there's more people like you, that problem should be fixed

5. SEnki

SEnki Producer

Nah that breaks it. Tested it just now.

6. Blanco

Blanco Member

Yes! This shit is not working as it should! How it can work if pdc broken?
    This is serious problem if you professional mixer

7. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

Looks like "normal" sidechain was never broken .... it was just related to that ghost output method as far as i understood. I never used that anyways so.

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yeah, Windows probably need to get opened and let some fresh air in. Let a huge draft in to blow away all the dross that accumulated over the last couple of decades in it. :wink:

9. Ariel Gonzalez

i saw the problem, and it's normal because it can be related to the drives. because i sometimes see the same on my legit S1 and it's because the software reads the source of all the media (i can hear how the hdd starts to spin)

10. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Kapellmeister

Thks Ariel , for having a look at it.
    I´ve ran LatencyMon and I think now, that I can pinpoint it to nvidia windows Kernel mode driver -nvlddmkm.sys
    I will not mess with kerneldrivers , so Ill leave it be for now- as it is useable after all.
    Funny though ; in Version 5.0.1 -no cursor glitch at all . only now in 5.2.0
    This c o u l d mean , that the StudioOne 5.2.0 version has the glitch in it , but heeeaay --- I´m not complaining !:no:
    Or it´s like Ariel said. But then it should stop reading files after its done.
    At the end of the 80s, I had a 1(one!) mb atari , and cubase 2.01 . I can wait :winker: