PreSonus Studio One 6 Add-Ons, Extensions & Licenses problem.

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by transporter1333, Oct 13, 2022.

1. transporter1333

transporter1333 Member

Hi bobdule

I was thinking about this possibility also, but first I need to see if S1 allows the installation and Activation os PreSonus Hub...

2. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I didn't install Presonus Hub with Studio One 6, but I had it already installed from previous version and never uninstalled it.
    I DO think it is needed or it would not be one my system...but I do not remember installing it separately myself.

3. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Ultrasonic

Is this a wise idea , for a software that is borrowed ? .... thinking of the thread about Hosts-file entrys .. a.s.o
    .....Sorry for bothering...but I have the so called "German Angst" . :(

4. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

from a registered account you have to delete userkey.license linked to your presonus account to get studio one activated.

it can help.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  5. iw

iw Producer

I'm not a fan of Studio One, but I'll give you a tip, only use R2R versions and I don't think you'll have problems. :wink:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  6. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

If the problem is related to the firewall settings, it's true that S1 requires an inusual step since at least v5. No matter what Firewall you're using. I use the Windows stock one so I put its examples.

For most programs is enough to block the outgoing connections. With Studio One you also have to block the incoming connections. It's even likely blocking the incoming connections is enough(I ended up blocking both direction just in case). I use and make no install versions and this is the typical command line used:
    Code:
    Netsh Advfirewall Firewall Add rule name="Amplifikation360" dir=out action=block program="Amplifikation360.exe"
    But with Studio One I have these, both for the scanner and the DAW itself:
    Code:
    Netsh Advfirewall Firewall Add rule name="Studio One 5 No Install" dir=in action=block program="Studio One.exe"
    Netsh Advfirewall Firewall Add rule name="Studio One 5 Plug-in Scanner No Install" dir=in action=block program="PlugInScanner.exe"
    Of course you can do that easier no matter what Firewall, using some graphical tool.

7. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

I hope you're using Netlimiter in alert mode, and you're blocking all processes which affect studio one, not just studio one itself
    :chilling:

8. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

This is why i like Windows Firewall Control.
    It blocks everything until you allow it.

9. Beetlejuice

Beetlejuice Ultrasonic

Sry folks , I may be dumb, but please correct me :

IF I register the hub.license , wich is deliverd with the "borrowed SO 6 from sista site",
    THEN I have allowed SO to connect to the Presonus Hub,
    wich is a server , -for legit users , that offers all kind of SO-stuff to be dwnloaded,shared , a.s.o
    This seems to me , as a not so good idea.

Of course , I can block SO in and out-traffic.
    -But then -what´s the use of activating the Hub ? Did I miss something ?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You're on the right track. It's just the issues registering/activating are a different problem than the Firewall stuff.
    Haven't tested S1 v6 yet so I can't speak about that.

11. bobdule

bobdule Rock Star

do nothing more than install
    works well
    nobody will ask you to buy it, even connected.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. The Insaint

The Insaint Newbie

Not even that helps.
    snap.png

13. biyolog1

biyolog1 Newbie

In the patch file, you must also write the computer name correctly, unlike the machineId. otherwise, there is a problem with the created license.

14. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

make sure the license you use to Activate Studio one that you use all the generated license from same Generation! otherwise licenses wont match and wont activate plugs or sample packs wont work

15. The Insaint

The Insaint Newbie

I took the name displayed in the system info of Windows, this should suffice AFAIK.

I did this 3 times now, but still it doesn't work. The generated licenses make the items "registered", but after a restart, everything is back again to unregistered. Hadn't this problem with 5.5.
    Any suggestions on how to completely clean SO activations for a clean re-licensing?

16. Flex Rabbit

Flex Rabbit Kapellmeister

After installing V6 all licenses didnt work except the main license. I couldnt install addons in V6, it says they are already installed, but wasnt visible in V6. Also dragging the new V6 licenses to V6 wasnt possible. I have a previous V5 installation with the same addons. I deleted all V5 extensions (the additional ones) and their licenses in ProgramFiles, ProgramData, AppData, installed the latest R2R releases (Audiobatchconverter, VU Meter, CTC, RetroMixLegends) and licenses - and it works! Never installed Hub. Of course, now i dosent have any extensions in V5, but this is no problem, im working only with V6, all old projects did with V5 works flawless in V6.

WIn11, offline PC.

17. Kluster

Kluster Audiosexual

I'm watching this thread as I've been looking at a more linear alternative to FL Studio.
    With all the trouble seeming to occur, I'd just buy the program.
    But $400+ to $700+ is a deterrent.
    Especially before Christmas :(

18. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

you can just use Reaper :chilling:

19. E'jAy

E'jAy Kapellmeister

i faced one issue regarding nexus in so6 .. and got fixed

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  20. Azul Marine

Azul Marine Newbie

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the extensions as well, but it's a different one... the R2R readme states that I should copy all .license files to PROGRAMDATA\PRESONUS\LICENSE STORE, but this folder simply doesn't exist on my computer... In this directory, there are only Studio One 6, Studio 192, Extensions and CCL Cross-Platform Framework folders. I've tried copying the .license files into every single one of these folders, tried to create the folder License Store, but nothing worked. I've tried dragging and dropping the .license files onto Studio One's interface as well, and that failed too... Does anybody know if there's a different folder somewhere in which I should place these files? My OS is Win11.
    And yes, I'm very much a newbie hahaha, I'm kinda lost