Presonus Studio One 5.2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Voekit, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

What do you S1 people think about the summing inside the S1 ? Is it good or no one uses it ? I particularly like that feature in S1 because well, it's better than nothing right ? Hope it gets some update because the "neve" one seems a little dull to me.

2. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Honestly, if you are in the collab/working stages of a project.. the solution is it should be done in wav format on your end.. and not mp3 on your partner's end. There should only be a copy of the final song/s converted to mp3 to upload to any media sites that only accept mp3 uploads. Most of them accept wav uploads because they automatically do their own mp3 compression. In that case, uploading the wav version with a peak output of -1.3dB is still better so it only gets stepped on with mp3's lossy encode once instead of twice.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  3. Karate Grownup

Karate Grownup Producer

You said it like I meant something bad. I just pointed that out in case somebody say "and that's it?!". Don't know why your little buddy got mad.

Do you have anything else on your mind that forced you to get into this? I wonder what hehe :D (this is rethorical question, we both know what:chilling:).

4. Karate Grownup

Karate Grownup Producer

I use it a lot. In most cases I use their own mod of the CTC-1. Bleeding feature is cool and in general it gives something to a mix. Also, very often I use it on groups instead of a whole mix(mostly, on drums). I think it's relatively unpopular due to certain changes in workflow you have to make in order to use it properly(for example, input signal shouldn't get over -18dB).

Speaking of new emus. They promised to develop it further, but so far there are only CTC-1 and Softube Tape. I suppose they'll return to this sooner or later.

By the way, try to use it creatively. For example, create a bus channel and put a bunch of reverbs and delays, that are directed into the bus, and then try to use different options of CTC-1. Think in this direction and you can get a new creative tool isn't possible in any other DAW. :drummer:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. jojofun

jojofun Ultrasonic

Now,... I'm also realizing,...
    There's no such thing as Track Templates in Studio One.
    Bummer!

Edit: Actually.... it has Musicloops.
    And there's a way to make them Multitrack.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  6. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

7. Karate Grownup

Karate Grownup Producer

And there is Import Song Data

8. Voekit

Voekit Producer

I love softube Tape MixFX :)

9. blasterx

blasterx Kapellmeister

10. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

just realized you don't get that through sister "demo" version even if you have the plugin installed.

11. SimonD

SimonD Member

can't wait for "R2R workspaces" group to allow easy collaboration and sharing amongst all of us here! :rofl:

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It came off a little bit snarky but perhaps that's because there's no intonation in text. Maybe it was snarky or maybe people are too sensitive these days. It's one of those mysteries that's part and parcel to the absolute mindfuck of an experience that it is dealing with another human being. It's a wonder why I don't do it more often.

Why I got involved had nothing to do with anything that's "going on". I don't know if that was supposed to elicit some kind of emotional response from me but really I feel nothing. Nothing at all.

13. ProCeela

ProCeela Member

So i've watched the Spehere "early access"Thingy yesterday , and they said , it will be out tommorow 11am Central time .. but i guess it will not be today , but tommorow right ? :rofl:

14. Anubhav Ukil

Anubhav Ukil Producer

Do mention what you saw!
    Please.

15. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Does anyone know if they fixed the sidechain bugs?

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  16. ProCeela

ProCeela Member

menn , too much stuff to remember , and most of the functions i dont even use.

But there where subtle things that pleased me , such like a fullscreen option lol , and some changes and option the've build into the Atom SQ which i like

17. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

same here, not that much i will have direct use for but doesn't hurt either.
    And, its an .2 update after all. Its for the .5 that we could expect a more radical list of changes.

18. SimonD

SimonD Member

for me, the best feature is called soundchoice whatevers, it's basically built in ability to easily play different articulations like pizza and staccatto, you assign the different articulations using keychanges... so like imagine that video of Vangelis old school playing his shit live on the fly being the whole orchestra - now YOU can be Vangelis, too. I eagerly await 11am Central time, which is in about an hour from NOW check my time stamp broskis

19. Voekit

Voekit Producer

I use legit one, Tape's price is very reasonable.

20. SimonD

SimonD Member

when American fatboi says "Central" he's NOT talking CET or Central European Time. Remember. Presonus is the work of AMERICAN coding. He's talking "Central" which is the same actually as 12pm EST - so 4 hours from NOW e.g. IN THE FUTURE

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List