Presonus Studio 192 Mobile or Audient iD22

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by miguel88, Nov 7, 2016.

1. miguel88

miguel88 Member

Hi
    I m thinking to get a interface to use on recording voice (just i need 2 in) and 4-6 out for headphones booth mix.
    so I saw this both interfaces: Presonus Studio 192 Mobile, Audient iD22.
    I use Studio one as main DAW in a Hackitosh so make interesting the Presonus 192 mobile due the integration with the DAW. but i dint find much review yet with the 192 mobile and I read about some problem with the RTL?
    So i would like to know if someone already try? to know how work with latency
    I read that the Audient iD22 have a very good quality and no have any problem with , but due the studio 192 mobile has the integration with studio one It makes me doubt between both?

which one recommend me?

thanks

3. esot3r1c

esot3r1c Newbie

Audient sound quality is amazing. I would never pick a Presonus interface over it. For the record I also use Studio One.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

I have the ID14 with studio one. Super clean Pres! Just go for it man Goes down to 64 samples and rocksolid drivers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

I have a PreSonus Audiobox1818VSL and a HP-4 headphone amp. They have never given me any problems, and PreSonus customer support has been good to me. I have no experience with Audient.

6. eway

eway Ultrasonic

I actually use an ID22 with pro tools and it's perfect. I brought that unit to replace my Metric Halo ULN-2 to be able to work on both sides (PC/OSX). Great transparency, those converters are a little bit better than the Metric halo were. The drivers are better on OSX (32 sample latency) but honestly it works very well on PC.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

IMHO, the iD22 is the bang for the buck audio interface under 3K, you will not be disappointed as it is great sounding. If possible I suggest testing both, as only you know what is best for you. I also run Studio One all day with an iD22 at 64 buffer on PC.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Since you are looking specifically to record voice, I would suggest going with the iD22. The preamp is clean without being sterile (I have heard recordings done on their 8024 desk, and although the mic preamps are the same in both their flagship console as well as all their other products including the iD22, implementation certainly changes the profile of the sound due to a totally different signal flow, though it gets you in the ball park) and stacks very well. You can always color the signal later with saturation, eq and/or choice of compressors, etc. The iD22 has something pretty cool, an insert where you can throw on an eq or compressor before the signal hits the converters. That is a good thing.

What are you using now as a interface and also what microphone/s do you have at your disposal. It might be even better to just get a nice preamp that could be more in the way of a sound that you are trying to achieve. Please let us know.

Isn't it nice here at audiosex .You got tons more responses than everywhere else on the Web that you asked for advice! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. miguel88

miguel88 Member

thanks all, So i will get the ID22 cause even i like the presonus one i read that have problem with latency so i will have problem to record with virtual synths and amp etc, Any one who have the ID22 can let me know if on the box of the interface brings different sockets types,(cause i saw in some photos) cause i gonna buy in a european online shop but i m living in japan so i dont wanna have problem with different socket type,
    i was using a m audio fast track pro which was old and i had problem with drivers , for the mic i will probably get a neumann.

10. @miguel88 .. Have fun with the iD22. It is going to be so much better all around than that M Audio Fast Track that you had, like night and day. Which Neumann were you thinking of? Depending on how much you wanted to spend you might be able to get something "better" in that price range.

About the socket types you were concerned about...

The voltage in Japan is 100 Volt, which is different from North America (120V), Central Europe (230V) and most other regions of the world. Japanese electrical plugs have two, non-polarized pins and fit into North American outlets.

Japanese power outlets are identical to ungrounded (2-pin) North American outlets. While most Japanese outlets these days are polarized (one slot is slightly wider than the other), it is possible to encounter non-polarized outlets in some places.

Some North American equipment will work fine in Japan without an adapter and vice versa, however, certain equipment, especially equipment involving heating (e.g. hair dryers), may not work properly or even get damaged. If you intend to purchase electronic appliances in Japan for use outside of Japan, you are advised to look for equipment specifically made for oversea tourists.

The frequency of electric current is 50 Hertz in Eastern Japan (including Tokyo, Yokohama, Tohoku, Hokkaido) and 60 Hertz in Western Japan (including Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Shikoku, Kyushu); however, most equipment is not affected by this frequency difference. A possible exception are timing devices such as clocks.

11. eway

eway Ultrasonic

ID22 is powered by AC/DC transformer, so everywhere you are you could find a useable transformer for it.
    Unfortunatly self powered usb is a feature that ID22 do not have. The ULN-2 had it.

12. miguel88

miguel88 Member

as i see here in this shop is ok for any country cause is from 100 V to 240V and the socket types are few, so i can use it in japan without any transformer even i bought in europe?[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. miguel88

miguel88 Member

I thinking to get a neumann tlm 102 or maybe some rode due they are also good for vocals

14. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

I owned a iD22 for a few weeks. I would have hung on to it but decided to trade it in for an Apollo Twin... not for the sound but to be able to run my UAD plugins again on Windows. Personally, I prefer the sound of the iD22 over the Apollo. It was a difficult trade off but Ive invested way too much money on UAD over the years not to switch. If I ever get an additional system, I would definitely choose Audient again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. eway

eway Ultrasonic

Yes, Absolutely :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List