PreSonus Release Progression 3

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Zeus, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

PreSonus® is shipping Progression™ 3, a major upgrade to its popular composing software for guitar, bass, and drums. This new version makes it easier than ever to write your ideas quickly and includes an enhanced chord library, new effects from PreSonus Studio One®, a Capo feature, and many notation and publishing improvements. Progression and its sibling product Notion are the only composing and notation applications that let you create and edit with, and exchange files between, Mac, Windows, and iPad.

[​IMG]

This is the first update since Progression joined the PreSonus family, and it shows. The user interface has been redesigned to more resemble Studio One and other PreSonus software, and Progression 3 adds PreSonus Native Effects™ Limiter, Compressor, and EQ plug-ins.

Notation improvements make Progression even faster and easier to use, including an enharmonic spelling tool, cross-staff notation, layout improvements, and a new international shortcut sets. You also get an enhanced chord library with more library chords, user-created chords, and recent-chord recall. The new Capo feature will be especially welcome for guitarists.

Progression 3 also adds Mac Retina display support and Windows 8 touchscreen optimization.

While adding these new features and many more, Progression continues to deliver a fast and intuitive workflow, featuring drag-and-drop functionality and an interactive fretboard. Easily create guitar, bass, and drum tab; lead sheets; and standard sheet music. The program is well known for playback with high-quality guitar samples performed by Neil Zaza, bass samples by Victor Wooten, and drums by Roy "Futureman" Wooten, all recorded at top studios. It also offers a fine Steinway piano, electric piano, and Clavinet.

Progression 3 is available in English (U.S. and UK), French, German, Japanese, and Spanish (Latin American) at an expected MAP/street price of $49. For more information, visit:

http://www.presonus.com/products/Progression

3. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

We're waiting for the V3 of Studio One as well. :bow:

4. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Yeah, but there's still no official announce on that. *no*

5. don_questo

don_questo Noisemaker

I honestly hope all the fuss is no about this??? I mean look at this guy. Surely he s not that excited about Progression 3. I do hope its S1 v3

6. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

ahahahah me too.

my brain just read "Presonus 3" and then relize "progression" after a few second

7. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Actually, the one of the Presonus managers said at NAMM2014 that they already working on StudioOne3 and he will meet up with some other guys to think off some extra features and community requests/suggestions and that it should be done till the end of this year.

8. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Very innovative and serious company. I don't say they are perfect (nobody is), but they listen to their customers and know in witch direction they need to go at the same time.

9. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

already cracked and released, ask a friend or your mom if you really want to know

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Awesome! Thanks for the info zeus, looking forward to it.