PreSonus Acquires Notion

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Catalyst, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

PreSonus has announced it has acquired the assets of Notion Music, Inc., a leading developer of music-notation software located in Greensboro, North Carolina. Notion Music's products include the Notion 4.0 composition software (Mac/Windows), Notion for iPad, Progression 2.0 guitar-tab editing software (Mac/Windows), and Progression for iPad.
    [​IMG]

"We will, of course, continue to develop and sell all of Notion Music's current products," observes PreSonus CEO Jim Mack. "Notion is a strategic part of our increased commitment to the education market. And, at the same time, there are powerful natural synergies between Notion and our Studio One DAW, so it's reasonable to expect that all PreSonus customers will see additional benefits from this acquisition in the future."

Education Market Manager John Mylnczak notes, "Music educators, students, and composers rely heavily on notation software, and Notion is much easier to use than most such programs. Furthermore, iPads and other mobile products are increasingly favored by students and teachers. So our ability to include Notion products for Mac, Windows, and iOS in our educational packages will be of great value to music teachers and students."

Adds PreSonus Executive VP of Product Management John Bastianelli, "We already have demonstrated our iOS expertise with QMix-AI, SL Remote-AI, and SL Room Control. With Notion 4 and Progression for iPad, we're clearly doubling down on our investment in mobile computing. We've also emphasized integrated solutions with all of our software, so it makes sense that we would incorporate Notion and Progression into new solutions for composers and educators."

3. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

YES! Maybe Notion will somehow be integrated into Studio One. Dear god, this is excellent news! Thank you for posting it!

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Never a problem, thank you for appreciating it. :mates:

5. virusg

virusg Rock Star

i dont even know the notes lol

6. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

:)

7. urOk

urOk Member

@PLM

[​IMG]

:wink:

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks to urOk, now you do. It's worthwhile to learn at least some basic theory. I think it could help you take your music to the next level and maybe even work in a genre you're not currently involved in. I find it really interesting, maybe you would feel the same. Soon I'll be adding some good theory sections to AudioSex Academy so drop on by. :wink:

9. virusg

virusg Rock Star

thank U urok :mates: & Catalyst

10. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

@ urOk

You didnt tell PLM about the accidentials :rofl:

Notation is just another primitive language - if you want to use it, you´ll need to see whats in between the lines, exactly like a plain text and the spoken language!

11. urOk

urOk Member

@phloopy

I took PLM comment as a joke :) And the first idea which come to my mind was, give a man simple notation scale :rofl:

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That's so funny because that was my first thought too...what about enharmonic equivalents? Let me rectify that immediately:
    [​IMG]

When we say something is enharmonically equivalent means that the note can be one or the other listed in the picture above depending on context. There's really only 12 notes to learn and they repeat in other octaves so it's pretty straightforward. And never a problem mate. :wink: