Presets/Synths for Calvin harris/Alan walker type music

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by samsome, Apr 6, 2017.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

Guys what are the best Presets/Synths for Calvin harris/Alan walker type music

also drum samples

I use Reaper as main daw, i also have Reason propellerhead

Thank you!

3. MarkSlater

MarkSlater Producer

Alan Walker uses mostly Nexus, as I've noticed in a video of him in the studio. Calvin Harris uses lots of guitars or distorted synths.

4. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

you mean commercial pop dance music? I think Sylenth1 + custom banks has more than enough to keep you entertained till the end of the days.
    drum samples there are so many choices, but i fear you might think that getting the same drums and sounds will result in good music, which is unlikely. even if you have the most expensive stuff it doesn't mean anything if you can't use it: sounds cliché but very true, good luck mate ))

5. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Spire, sylenth, massive, serum, dune2, u-he hive, synthmaster, z3ta 2, Linplug stuff, Rob papen stuff, nexus, vanguard, zebra, discovery pro, ni fm8, sonic academy a.n.a, surge, tone2 ..
    For them there are thousands of trance, electro, dubstep, trap, edm presets. Spire and sylenth are 99,999% are oriented to edm and recent music, because on their presets all this music is written..
    Some phatty analog style synths for basses, pads, plucks, leads, fx, and vintage sounds which very popular in nowadays edm: u-he diva, littleone, u-he repro1, u-he ace, u-he bazille, op x pro II, synapse legend, arturia stuff, xils lab stuff, poly-ana, oddity, imposcar 2, togu audio line tal stuff, korg collection, roland plugout stuff, D16 lush101 and all their other stuff,and many more

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017