Preset sound issue of ROLI Equator 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by Aya, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Aya

Aya Member

I've installed Equator 2 released by R2R and also installed Factory Contents, Legacy Contents.

But I found some presets such as Dreamtime Rhodes, Fluid Hand Cymbal, Simple FM Electric Piano etcs don't make proper sounds.

When I choose that presets and play MIDI keyboard they make very laggy(?) bizarre sound with noise.

Most of the presets sound well, but several specific presets have that issue.

I also found some presets in Soundpacks have the same problem, such as Creamy Glass EP, Dream Pop Keys in Modern Pop Soundpack.

I searched for a fix for this matter several days, but I couldn't.

I'm using Ryzen 5900X + 32GB RAM, and I never had similar problem with any software synthesizers such as Serum, Nexus, Analog Lab etcs.

Is there anyone can suggest any advice for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

[Updated]

I have VMware installed on my PC. So I installed Equator 2 and Sound Libraries on VMware then played the presets I mentioned above, but there was no problem. They sound normally.

Considering the differences between my basic PC system and VMware, I did some more tests.
    * Changed audio driver to Windows Audio.
    * Changed audio device from Audio Interface to Mainboard sound chipset or HDMI sound device.
    * Turned off the virus vaccine(bitdefender).
    * Plugged off the MIDI keyboard, then played with GUI keyboard on Equator2
    * Moved the library folder to other SSD and used symbolic link.

However all those attempts were to no avail.
    I really don't know why this happens only on my real PC, while it doesn't happen on VMware virtual system.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024