Preset issues on legit ANA 2

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by talkytina, Apr 29, 2020.

1. talkytina

talkytina Newbie

I bought a legit copy of ANA 2 due to the heavily discounted covid sale. But when installing the preset packs that came from the cousin site, they don’t all show up. For example, out of the entire vol 9 techno pack, only one bass preset shows up on the list. The other packs all have missing presets. They can be manually loaded one at a time though but they just don’t show up on the preset window list. Anyone else had this problem?

The packs all install thru an exe file. Does anyone know how I can extract the SndPr preset files so I can just manually drop them in the presets folder?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

When you run the preset installers, here's where they should go, unless you specified a different location when you installed ANA2 ...For Windows, here are the third party preset locations:

Patches:
    C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\Presets\Sound Presets\DLC

Wav Files (if needed):

Single Cycle, and Wavetables:
    C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\Waves\DLC\Main Osc

Samples:
    C:\ProgramData\Sonic Academy\ANA 2\Waves\DLC\Sampler Osc

I don't use MAC, but if you do, heres the location for the above paths:
    yourmacosHDD/Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy/ANA 2

If the patch presets, and their respective waves are in those locations, IF you did a standard installation, should show up in the synths patch menu.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2020
  4. talkytina

talkytina Newbie

Thanks for the response. Problem solved. The presets did install correctly and the exe file to install just presents an “install” button only without any choice to the location. The issue was that in the presets window, there is a genre catagory. So not only do you have a preset listing for the bank, category, sub-category but also a genre. The filter was set on a genre called Nu Gaze, so many of the presets only displayed a small number of selections.

EE1FE908-4C5B-4088-9703-D0C1D92B0060.jpeg

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

May I ask you if it's just the photo or is this some kind of orange skin for ANA2? :wow: