predictions for future developements of DAWs, VSTis and effects etc

Discussion in 'DAW' started by sms2000, Jun 4, 2019.

1. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  2. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

I'm feeling like I've just been teased :wink:

The links pulled me in but then didn't show me where nanotech and musictech intersect.

1st link was interesting - pretty cool for players.
    "nano-sensors for musical instruments that can actually detect how they’re being pressed. The idea is that nano-vibrations would change the quality of the instrument itself based on acoustics, the environment, humidity, or even playing style."

2nd link Is actually just a composer writing something that he attributes to being inspired by nanotech - it doesn't use nanotech.
    "The composition reflects Rzewski's interest in biomolecular nanomachines. He essentially compresses the form of 20- to 40-minute, 19th-century sonatas into seven three-minute segments which challenge music-lovers in exciting new ways, Schlosser said."

3rd link is like nanotech showing off and choosing a guitar as an example. A gesture, a bit like printing a page of text on a pinhead.
    "technology has been used to create surveillance cameras and listening devices smaller than a grain of sand, but the nano guitar is a pure, lighthearted symbol of scientific optimism."

4th link let me down.
    It just mentioned that computers are getting powerful and that the authors like music tech - but it didn't join the dots

Definitely got me thinking about how nanotech might be interesting but I still can't see how yet, except for the 1st example with nano sensors on instruments.

I need more please :yes:. My imagination is failing me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Those are starting points. Do your own research and use your imagination. 99.9% of population does not understand what nanotechnology is all about, much less its potential.
    The 4th link contains pertinent info. That is the reason why is there. If can't take your time to fully explore it, don't expect me to do it for you. Majority of current R & D is conducted under strict NDA, so you don't find much info available but the technology exists. Samsung did make the NAND flash memory chip inside the iPod Nano with nanometer technology. That is why I said use your imagination. If you fully understand nanotech, it is much easier to grasp its unlimited potential and how it can impact the music world. Read this:https://djmag.com/news/new-nanotechnology-could-save-your-vinyl

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Apparanently it's only MY imagination that's failing, I showed the nanoguitar to my better half and she immediately suggested that I replace all my existing guitars with nanoguitars - "a lot quieter and stops cluttering up the house!" Her imagination is delusional :)
    [​IMG]
    ---
    Edit: had to re-host picture after tinypic host disappeared.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Your up to a good start then. :like:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List