Potential paid work for Valued mix Engineer

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Bymasterminduk, May 3, 2016.

1. Thanks for reading

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
  3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

really?

4. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Okay, well... let's just not say anything and let this thread comment itself with a minute of silence.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

hahaha... the minute of silence just ticked :knock:

6. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Are you using contradiction on purpose? :unsure:
    Title: "Pontential paid work for Valued mix Engineer" and then:
    "everything is give and take and I have had few previous engineers"
    "No matter your skill set…"

First of all you're not able to write a basic English word correctly - and you call yourself "bymasterminduk"
    "Everything is give and take?" But you remain vague on what you will give...
    Then you allude that you MIGHT have your previous engineers....where are they now? :hahaha:
    "Hopefully I can find someone to work with and who will take my music seriously."
    YOU have to take your music & acting seriously FIRST, no one will come for you on
    "Angels wings" to take you out from misery or anything else...let your work shine!
    And last: You're looking for "valued mix engineers" with no matter of skills. :mad:

Come on man, use your head. Learn to set up a serious advertisement first!
    Making people lose their precious time with vague stuff isn't fair game.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

c'mon, guys, it's so obvious this thread's a joke and OP's just having fun. who's in their right mind is gonna mix some random guy's tracks. why so serious? look at yourself with all this anger. how about some sense of humor and having a good laugh instead? I'll take that path, thanks.

8. Wow, some unsuprisingly inspiring responses.:bleh:
    Thanks to the genuine people who have responded via email / inbox :like:
    @bymastermind Why not follow me and see who I have worked with perhaps.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Deathklok

Deathklok Member

If only this was a joke... people like this guy actually exist (as you can tell by his response).

Sorry, wasn't aware you were such a big deal. Those 258 followers on SoundCloud blew me away. Anyway, this is a waste of time. Good luck on your trappy trap, m8.

10. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Heres a track I recorded and produced 5 years ago with local rappers from my area. I would like someone to mix and master it for free. If we get signed I will pay you. I promise. We will even record more tracks for you to work on so we can pay you more. I swear
    Listen to Life of the Party (Rhythm of the Night) by subGENRE #np on #SoundCloud

11. Deathklok

Deathklok Member

This guy gets it :rofl:

12. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Do you think people cannot distinguish rotten eggs from genuine eggs? :facepalm::hahaha:
    Even if you change your nickname > "bymastermind" to > "Bymasterminduk".
    https://audiosex.pro/members/bymastermind.20472/

But hey, I'm not angry with you or whatever...it's just your WRONG way of approach that is irritating.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

13. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I also need this one done for a lot of money we will pay you after we get signed. We promise.

14. :guru:..:dunno:
    This is literally a post sharing opportunity's with a great music forum.
    With links to the track to avoid downloading stems to anything of distaste.
    The post isn't to be read as egotistical, Simply instructional, & wether you follow them is pure choice.
    I'm sure if I made a post lacking detail then someone would have something to say their, I.E what type of mix, genre of music etc etc.
    I'm not sure if people on here are threatened of the presence of people from the outside world ? I made a new account because I cant access my old email.
    I see its audio sex. pro, not audiosex. cult.
    Anyhow, Thanks again I've had some interesting emails ! :thumbsup:

15. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

The topic should say just what it is.. "Will you mix and master my song for free?" with no equivocations.

16. That is not the case.
    It is hard to give monetary values without being able to hear the difference one can make to the audio itself, My stems are different to everyone else.
    This post does come across demanding but assertive & I do apologize if I have offended anyone in the process.

17. Deathklok

Deathklok Member

I'm going to ask Guitar Center to give me a pair of high-end monitors and a brand new sound-card in return for paying them once I make some money off the music I'll produce with their gear. It's a win-win situation, right? One hand washes the other? You scratch my back, I scratch yours?

Bullshit. Mix engineers, much like EVERYONE ELSE, need to pay bills and put food on the table. I guess you don't have money problems or pay your own bills. Or maybe you do and you're just that dense.

18. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

Man wake up! Everybody can make a difference to audio material.
    I can recommend you to change your approaches, that are actually wrong. In order to get the best people for your
    projects involved you have to target them very precise. Not being too vague nor too much universal! You have to
    state in which direction the music goes, which styles it contains etc. If it's RAP or black music, try to look for people
    used to it to mix in that direction instead of *talking* to everybody. You'll only waste your and other people's time.

Of course musicians & artists often ignore the financial aspects of productions, for bad.
    Under friends it's easier to realize projects like yours. Me, for example, had recorded and mixed a complete demo tape
    containing several tracks of a Jamaican Rap band just for free many years ago...because at that time i just wanted to
    improve my working skills as audio engineer. But it was clear to me from the beginning that i wouldn't charge nothing
    for the work! We just had a good time and fun, that was it. You have to be clear & sincere.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

19. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

So much negativity here..... relax fellas. Really no need to rip the guy, either you want to audition or you don't.

FWIW, the last time I auditioned to mix was the Bobby Valentino & Plias single "Phone Number" against my friend KD.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I did a mix. I am very sane and I've mixed many a random person's work over the years, it got me some big gigs, but I love music and I'm in a blessed position to do what I want, daily.
    I needed to practice using a few new Nebula libraries and I wanted the challenge of seeing what I could do with the track. The demo was a little lifeless and very digital 2D.
    I also wanted to see how close to my SSL mixes I could get...... I'm happy with my results.

As always, to each their own.

21. ned944

ned944 Moderator

Yes this thread is a little harsh, buts lets be blunt. This was presented all wrong. This was presented as a a producer looking for a mix engineer to mix and master for pay. without any reference as to the skills of said producer other than the given track. Now just trying to give honest feedback the stems are poor. there is a saying we all know, "Crap in Crap out" what ever @Bymasterminduk has done to these tracks in the mix before rendering cannot be fixed in a mastering stage. anyone who downloaded and listened to them would be able to tell you that. If you didn't you are just attacking the guy on principle. I did at least take the time to download and listen to the stems and track. I'm and far from a professional but in my honest opinion, if this is the stage you are at @Bymasterminduk, I find it hard to believe you are working with any mainstream artists. this track is poorly produced and is far from inspiring, sorry but that is my opinion. it has no spark or oomph, it is mundane and it lacks direction. the keys of your melody lines and instruments clash and are not cohesive. see example;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The beat change, in the last few seconds makes no sense what so ever? not sure why you did it.

Now on the other hand there is not a reason to be downright rude and obnoxious either, there is no reason to bash and berate @Bymasterminduk. he asked for something, and if you did not want to offer constructive feedback there was no reason to respond publicly at all. just a reminder that it is best to be civil and treat others as you would be treated yourself.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List