Post your Best Delay Plugins

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrLyannMusic, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Dr.Evil,

Maybe the following 'PSPaudioware' VST Delay Plugin can do the 'trick' for what you're looking for... *yes*

[​IMG]

PSPaudioware Lexicon PSP 42

As its name suggests, it's either done in collaboration with 'Lexicon', or at least, it certainly uses some of the 'renowned' Algorithms from some of the original 'Lexicon' Products. *yes*
    As it contains a 'Modulation' Section, in case that you don't want any 'artifacts', or other changes in your Audio Signal, simply 'bypass' that Section... :wink:

2. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

I tried their 608 and 86 delays. Just very complicated for me.. But never tried 42..
    Thanks man. I will try it.. and lets see.. :wink:

3. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

PSPaudioware Lexicon PSP 42 was to complicated for me :P, reflex is good for preset skipping and a little finetuning, I just found out :bleh:

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Does Sigmund or PSP 42 features two filters modes working both at the same time? Or you'll have to stick to just one?

Cheers!

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Evorax,

'D16Group Sigmund' :

"It consists of 4 discrete delay units, each with its own, independent set of parameters offering an incredible degree of sound-shaping freedom."

Maybe each of these 4 Delay Units own its proper Filter(s), thus you can mix ('blend') between 2 of these Units, each one with a different type of Filter (different Settings) ?

'PSPaudioware PSP 608 Multi Delay' :

* Each tap can choose between multiple quadruple biquadratic filter types, including: Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass, PEAK filter and four Shelf filters
    * Modulation section (LFO and envelope follower) offer adjustable modulation depth of 3 octaves, and can be selected for filter cutoff
    * Filtering module in feedback includes LP, BP, HP filter (either State Variable Filter or Biquad) with adjustable cutoff and resonance

Maybe you can apply what you're looking for within each 'Tap' of this Delay Unit...

6. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

With me and delay it's like, I have to get what I want quick and it has to sound nice and subtle.

So my favorites are:

H-Delay >> Easy to use, simple to control, Nice filters and modulation capabilities. When using in PingPong Mode with a Delay time below 20ms you can turn a mono signal into stereo easily (Haas effect). It's a great combination of a useful technical tool as well as a musical delay but a little bit overlooked too.

Softube Tubedelay >> just love the grimey sound… very special. Check it out, if you haven't yet.

TAL Dub 1 & 2 >> Tape Delay Emulations (freeware and a must-have in my opinion! Too bad that it is 32 bit only)

Manny Marroquin Delay >> Just awesome. Period. Probably the Best Delay Plugin out there with all the extras like Reverb, Distortion, Doubler and Phaser. Just a little bit too cpu hungry

Kramer Tape >> Besides putting it on your Master Bus for Tape saturation, it also has an incredible Slap Delay and Feedback Function that sounds really really great in combination with Wow & Flutter!

CLA Effects >> I just love that it has this delay throw button. Makes it really easy to accentuate certain parts of a vocal or whatever.

As far as d16's Sigmund is concered – it is extremely versatile but a CPU hog. I think it's just to overly complicated for using it for regular duties. For special effects it's awesome.

Edit:

I forgot another one, which can create really crazy glitch delays called Oxymore (free, discontinued) by ineardisplay. The guy who did that merged with a new company called glitchmachines.com and the released a more complex version of it called Hysterisis which is also free and can be found here: http://www.glitchmachines.com/downloads/hysteresis/

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I use bkfx delay which is just complicated enough for me: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=369138 and PSP 42 and 84/85. Almost nothing else regarding delays. Especially not a behemoth like Sigmund. It's a freaking delay we're talking about, not a Kontakt sampler. :rofl: I didn't even bother trying Sigmund when I saw it. I do combine these delays with other FX of my choice, though. Put a simple filter and a saturator in the combination and you get all kinds of really nice FX. My philosophy is to use many simple "bkfx" style FX in a chain, rather than just one big [and very CPU and memory consuming] FX. You know, like guitarists do with the FX pedals. ;) You can get far more creative this way. When you use a complicated plugin like Sigmund or PSP 608 delay you just lose creativity in my experience, and tend to stick to presets [and learn nothing, either] because these can be really time consuming to tweak. So, my recommendation is some simple, but good sounding delay, lots of little FX plugins, editable chain of separate simple FX. That is, if you know what you want and what you're doing, if you're familiar with what delay, chorus, flanger, phaser etc FX do. How about distortion>chorus>delay>reverb>saturator>delay? :bleh: Or change the chain a bit and get something quite different? It's far more fun! :wink: With the right choice of FX [knowledge] you can easily get any type of FX you want this way.

Cheers :mates:!

8. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Thanks Guys for all your suggestions !

Really really Helpful, i've put some of them in mind to test, i'm searching for the perfect Delay plug. that does everything and can be used with everything, Spacey synths, Vocals, Guitars, even orchestral stuff,

i appreciate What some of you has posted, such as "STW-Audio 'REFLEX PRO V2" "D16 Group's Sigmund" and few from what 5t33z0 has listed, i'll test them, if i found what i'm looking for that's gonna be good if not, i still have a long list to go throu, thanks to you!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

the only thing i regret, is the time i took to join this great community.

Have a nice day!

PEACE!

9. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Even if they feature all the filtering types, i was curious if you can hi-pass and low-pass quickly at the same tame, just as Timeless/Echoboy/H-Delay does. :dunno:

The thing is, maybe i wanna low-pass the delay but also cleaning its lows at the same time. If Sigmund can't operate both filtering task all at the same time also in a quick
    way as possible, sounds like a no-no to me. I don't say they're bad, but the fact that they require you to add an extra EQ/filter in the Return track so you can use two basic filters both at the same time, it doesn't feels that intuitive or "quick" anymore. I know the GUI and features might look impressive, but...
    Anyway, if you look at Timeless or Echoboy, even H-Delay, they have just two simple knobs which helps you hi-pass & low-pass both at the same time in just a super-quick way, by turning two harmless knobs. :dunno:
    Also Echoboy and Timeless, both have "Tape" modes too, so they can sound analog-ish too if they're tweaked to behave like real units. Also the modulation, is awesome on Timeless and Echoboy.

10. dr.evil

dr.evil Kapellmeister

WOW the interruptor plugins are absolute gems..
    Better than many expensive plugins in the market..
    Definitely deserve some reward this guy..
    Thanks for the tips Studio555. I admire your knowledge.. :wink:

11. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

Nobody mentioned Audio Damage's Dubstation. Its a beast in my book!

Nothing is "perfect" its "just right" :)

and my other small tidbid would be this, you want to become even better friends with your fav. EQ

12. Sarawak_Sam

Sarawak_Sam Ultrasonic

This good one...

[​IMG]

13. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I had it in my list first, but I didn't want to include one more plug. But yeah, it just sounds really nice, simple as fuck and has some analogue dirt in it, too. Definitely another favorite of mine also

[​IMG]

14. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

I rinse the life out of Ableton's Simple and Ping Pong delays. They are simple but get the job done, repitch mode on ping pong is especially useful for creative effects. Other than that, I tried Valhalla Ubermod which was great. :wink:

15. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

I`ve been waiting for Dubstation :rofl: Yep, I do (ab)use it sometimes.
    Not so popular/versatile but good: Boscomac Delight Delay.

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Soundtoys EchoBoy and FXPansion Sigmund are really good. Oh and let's not forget uhe's Uhbik, awesome plug-ins. :grooves:

17. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Echoboy is my go to usually, like a lot dubstation too. And ratshack reverb. Yeah quick hi and low pass filters in Echoboy are so handy :)

18. sideshowbob

sideshowbob Producer

Fxpansion Sigmund? :bleh: ... couldn`t help myself :hug:
    You must have bloody fingers by typing, no break by free will, do you? (rhetorical question)
    I use Bloom, too. Satin and the Uhbik`s and like almost everybody here Echoboy. Sigmund is to big for me if it`s about a "classic" delay effect on drums, for example. Recently installed but I would need a whiiiiile to dig it, so I take this as reminder to kick it off my drive even though it`s an impressiv multi, Fabfilter and 2C Audio Plugs are "consuming" me atm, lol.
    Damn, aren`t we wealthy, what an arsenal of choice ...

19. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Yeah Sigmund is not my piece of cake, don't want to learn it from scratch,
    I'm happy with what I know well, aka Echoboy if I didn't mentioned it yet :bleh:
    I'm trying Xils LeMasque which is not bad, I'm not sure I love its sound, but for creative stuff is very versatile. It have a modwheel assignable to any parameter,
    can be played almost like and instrument. Check it out. :wink:

PS: I used a lot in the past PSP42/84(now85) and they're pretty good too. *yes*

20. Ztriumph

Ztriumph Newbie

What are your favorite tape delays guys?