[Post removed]

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by co4nda, Jun 22, 2020.

1. mhtch

mhtch Newbie

thanks for your efforts again! MY MAC has so many old plugins that I need to use it,planning to change to a new one...
    the file you put here can't be used on 10.9 ,But I will try another version:) if possible please upload a rar or 7z compressed file in the release,maybe it's better:) thanks again!

2. co4nda

co4nda Member

Some people on other forums already repacked the dmg to hfs. I also sent a converted version to hidera who helped me with the release so just a matter of time.

Seriously tho, update your os

3. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

Thanks co4nda :mates:

Hidera we're waiting for you now :wink:

4. mhtch

mhtch Newbie

THX FOR YOUR PATIENCE!This contributer put another link,but it seems I can't see it? maybe it's connected with system too:( haha ,after the CEO of Apple passed away...I noticed they don't make too much improvement on MACBOOK,this is the only reason I don't update.

"Hope this fixes things for older macs
    download from free file storage
    Prove that you're not a Bot to get Download Links"

nothing show up here...

could anyone put the direct download link here? thanks a lot!:)

5. mhtch

mhtch Newbie

Hi buddy,can you see the link? or it's just me who can't see anything there? it seems he noticed the problem but still didn't solve it")

6. CharlieCrizzle

CharlieCrizzle Kapellmeister

co4nda, I havent yet installed this. But If this ends up working, you will be a Warez God to me

7. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

The link is on the sister site but we (on Sierra) we're waiting the new file dmg for use it on Sierra (or files just compressed outside the .dmg).
    To open the current .dmg you need at least High Sierra :snuffy:

8. Project_AD

Project_AD Member

So...no AAX?

9. shinbeth

shinbeth Ultrasonic

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  10. co4nda

co4nda Member

Not right now. Might take a look at it when I have a bit more time

11. psybex

psybex Newbie

Hi, My Mac is also on El Capitan since I dont have SSD's and am on spining HDD and hence not updated my OS as it slows down my machine since the newer OS are all optimised to be running with SSD's.. so is there any work around for users of Older OS.

Also what is the link for the sister site?

Thanks for your time

12. ElMoreno

ElMoreno Kapellmeister

No link yet for the .dmg usefull on Sierra (or even separated files)... we're waitinig for Hidera :winker:

13. fastfingers55

fastfingers55 Rock Star

I'm getting the following error when I launch Logic now, after applying this plugin:

“Serum.component” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.''

I'm running Logic Pro X 10.5.1
    on Max OS 10.15.5 Catalina

Update: By going to System Preferences/Security & Privacy, I was able to allow the component to be opened. Good news. However I cannot find it in any plugin n Logic. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  14. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Seems to be gone now at sister site. Just curious, but isn't it possible that the serial will be blacklisted at some point? I mean, as far as I know - although I didn't test them myself - most previous releases eventually didn't work properly. I hope of course that this release will be the exception!

Could be a Catalina thing because that message sounds similar to the one I got several times with different tools when trying out the same OS X (went back to Mojave).

15. fastfingers55

fastfingers55 Rock Star

Well, here's the thing...
    I no longer get the warning message. The fix from the Security & Privacy settings got rid of that. It does not show up anywhere in the available plugins.

16. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Amen :bow:

17. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

It's working here in Mojave 10.14.6. After all the hype I kept reading about this VI (especially on here and the sister site), I was honestly expecting to be blown away by this one ... and it was pretty anti-climactic. I'm not doing trap, dubstep, EDM, techno or anything like that, so I guess maybe you guys are getting something out of it that I'm not, but even so, VPS Avenger or Electra X or Papen's stuff or even Pigments completely makes this look like a joke. Was it just the fact that it was unobtainable for so long that made it special?

18. G$

G$ Newbie

i find that the 'magic' of Serum comes from the amount of patches/presets available. the stock sounds are kinda underwhelming

19. G$

G$ Newbie

AWESOME WORK!!! that being said... it took me a while to clear out my previous install etc. i'm curious tho... will my SerumFX work? it was working previously but i didn't see a patched version of that made available. (i'm not sure whether that has to be patched or not)

20. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I tried a couple of third-party sound banks and they don't sound bad ... just not as mind-blowing as I was expecting. Again, I don't use synths for the kinds of music this was obviously made for, but even with that in mind, nothing really stood out for me like it has with other VIs. Is it really just that it has all these ready-made EDM and trap presets that everybody likes it?