post fader inserts

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by 30hz, Jul 28, 2017.

1. 30hz

30hz Producer

Which types of effects are most commonly used for post faders insert ?
    thx bye :bow:

3. C7

C7 Member

Edit:
    I read your post again and probably misunderstood your question for my first response. I personally have never moved an insert post-fader myself (I don't think my DAW even supports this) though I would imagine if you wanted the volume automation to go before the insert, for instance leveling out a track with volume automation before sending it to a compressor, then you might want to make the insert post-fader.

Things can get confusing if you mix this way though, especially if you use multiple pre and post inserts in one track. Post-fader inserts probably aren't something you will ever need as you can always accomplish the same task using other means.​

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

There is absolutely no use whatsoever for post fader inserts. It would kinda make your mix pointless.

5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

A post fader insert is essentially an entire auxillary channel so they're called "sends":
    Post Fader (and Post Pan) Send (which is default behavior in any daw), Post Fader but Pre Pan Send (self explanatory) and Pre Fader.

In ableton live you can connect a buss not only pre fader but at any point up in a chain (which may be a series of parallel chains) of inserts on a different channel. Use your imagination

6. Downlo

Downlo Producer

Best Answer
    In Cubase i believe the last two inserts on every channel are post fader. Just google it guys....

I don't use em often. But when i do it's for panning, cuz i don't like the cubase panner. And thats only if all the other inserts are beeing used. ( rarely happens)
    Not sure if they added the post fader inserts for a special purpose. But i'm sure google knows.

Maybe it's for inserting some gain or gain reduction plug because using the main fader influences the plugs on your pre-fader slots. Seems logical to me.......