Possible to solo bus mixer channels and all channels connected will solo with it?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by flguy, Sep 3, 2019.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

One thing I haven't been able to figure out is if you can have FL solo and un-solo mixer channels connected to bus tracks. For example, my drum bus mixer is routed to 10-12 sounds. When I solo the bus channel, none of the channels routed to it solo, making it so I have to go through all the tracks and solo them separately.

If I solo a mixer channel that is connected to the bus like the kick, the drum bus and the kick will solo. I need it the other way around to where the bus will solo all sounds routed to it. Hopefully this is possible because it will save me some much needed time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
  4. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

I tried that from the jump and it wasn't working. Turns out my keyboard software was on the wrong macro somehow. Fixed it and it works like a charm, thanks bro.

5. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

That is something that will drive anyone nuts. Im glad you got it back :like:

6. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

another reason to stay away from fruity loops

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Bro we all know that there is no perfect DAW. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

you are right. i test it from time to time, still no love for it

9. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I use Fruity Loops without issue but as a kid and till this very day don't recognise Fruit Loops as food fit for consumption. One tiny little letter sways sooo much power.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

Tell us why it is so bad, and what DAW you use. Out of all the DAW's I've tried, FL is the easiest to get in to, and the most fluid. It does everything all other DAW's can do. Ableton is better for audio manipulation and DJ work, but FL is by far the best for making beats. Ableton is definitely not noob friendly.

11. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

i didnt say its bad its just not 4 me thats all. i play keys and guitars so its a nogo for me. i just never understood how to record audio in it.

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@flguy @Lois Lane @korte1975 I really don't know where you are going with all these off topic posts as to whether FL Studio is a good DAW. There is no best DAW. There is no perfect DAW. It is a subjective choice. There are plenty of threads discussing it.

13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

The solution was correctly and sussinctly provided, so pretty much the end of discussion as well the thread. I'm actually not going anywhere with my post, not looking to bicker nor fan with an admiring flame my feelings about some DAW like a fanboy. I couldn't care less what anybody uses or feels about how they choose to document their art as we all are working differently and all have different needs. As far as being off topic, I am as guilty as a pirate with his one hand on plundered silver and the other pulling up his colors on the starboard yardarm. Fruity Loops ARE disgusting with tons of sugar, artificial colors, taste like Trench Foot and are chock full of Glyphosate. FL Studio or as also known as Fruity Loops, on the other hand, is guilty from none of the previously mentioned abhorrence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I agree with you 100% on that. I just dontwant @flguy to go :suicide:because we are putting his beloved DAW down. BTW, I am a Renoise, Pro Tools guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

I just don't understand where the hate comes regarding FL. It is so simple to use and easy to learn. The piano roll is the best I've come across. I will look into re-noise because I do enjoy checking out other DAW's.

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I use it a lot. As I said, there is no best DAW. You can borrow something from each one. Pro Tools gets more shit that any other DAW in this Forum. Walk into any major recording studio, mastering house and tell me which one doesn't have ProTools. But is a topic for another thread.