Positive Grid Spark - any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Bunford, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Has anyone got this amp or any thoughts?

Need a small practice amp for my home and this seems to be everything anyone could need in the sense of being powered by Positive Grid's BIAS engine via iOS/Android app control, therefore allowing you to have thousands of BIAS-modelled amps and FX at the flick of a finger.

It additionally has a built-in USB audio interface too, as well as a ton of smart jamming tools with a built-in bassist and drum machine.

Did anyone get one? Thoughts?

3. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

Being a positive grid Bias Amp and Bias FX2 user, I think it is probably quite a good product , the only thing is their power rating if an amp does not specify, 40 watts "True Continuous RMS", I don't believe or trust any of them on their power ratings. A fart can sound like an explosion in an empty store, but can it project in a busy crowded environment, that is the only real test.

4. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I watched a video review where someone cranked it up with a mic 5 metres away from the amp and the measurements hit 105dB before they stopped and could have gone a bit more as only go to about 90% volume. Apparently had no distortion or flubber at that volume either, so should be plenty loud enough for a home amp :)