Positive Grid BIAS Windows32bit v1.100.374 not working

Discussion in 'PC' started by Zergei72, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Zergei72

Zergei72 Newbie

Okayz ...

BIAS Pro (EGG - Release) works in Windows 8 x64,
    but not in Windows 7 SP 1 x86 on the same PC, though it should ... ?!?

My DAW-Hosts are REAPER 4.77 and MOTU DP 8.0.7
    REAPER can't find the plugin even after I've cleared cache and done a full re-scan (the directories are pointed 100%-correctly) and DP marks the plugin as invalid .

It's supposed to work in Windows 7 Service Pack 1 32Bit as stated ... but what's messing with it ?
    The Windows 7 OS I'm using is a stripped down lite version ... could that be the cause ? all my other plugs are working though .

- The Real Me -

3. GammaStar

GammaStar Platinum Record

Try Blue Cat PatchWork
    immediate thought.. might work :wink:

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ The Real Me,

Just a simple question : as both your 'OS' are running on the same PC, are these installed on two different HD, that you interchange at the boot of your System ? Or a contrario, do you use both 'OS' installed on the same HD, but interchange these with any Program installed for that purpose (as for instance, 'BootCamp' for MAC OS X Users) ?

I'm not sure of the following, but if you have installed your 'Positive Grid BIAS_Windows32bit_v1_1_0_374' within your (first or main) OS : 'Windows 8 x64', then that you try to use it within your other OS : 'Windows 7 SP 1 x86', maybe some important Files needed for that 'Positive Grid BIAS_Windows32bit_v1_1_0_374' works properly are not present within your second OS when running it (e.g. some Files that are installed in Folders such as 'Program Files', or 'Program Data',... ).

5. n0xin

n0xin Rock Star

yeah, check in which "VSTplugIns" folder the actual plugin is (on which hard drive of both OSs)... and also check in Reaper which folder he's scanin' for plugins. :thumbsup: