[Poll] Do you consider yourself Talented ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Plainview, May 6, 2020.

?

Do you Consider yourself Talented ?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

lets define it as -Talent: "a natural ability to be good at something, especially without being taught"

Does music come to you naturally or do you find yourself struggling with alot of things until they sink in , Personally I thought I was talented and didnt think much about it until I met real talented people and saw the way they approach things and how their mind works and I knew that this cant be learned , its just who they are , they dont think about it , they just do it , they dont even know how they do it which is a little bit furstrating but I accept what I cant change and as long as I am having fun I dont really care , I am curious to know your thoughts on this

3. Nought

Nought Guest

In my definition, Talent is a natural ability to randomize.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

I dont believe in :
    • Randomize
    • Ducks

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

When someone says he's talented, I just assume he's not

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Nought

Nought Guest

But according to my definition, I assume he is.:thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. SpyFx ✪

SpyFx ✪ Guest

:keys:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Everyone in this world is talented in their own way. Moreover, if you don't believe in yourself, don't expect others to.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Plainview

Plainview Rock Star

well said , I agree

10. SpyFx ✪

SpyFx ✪ Guest

:keys:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  11. Nought

Nought Guest

Until he/she starts to learn. After that, talent disappears and they start to believe in ducks.:shalom:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

My vote is 'no' because I had to gain a lot of knowledge first to become better in what I do. And to my opinion I'm still not at the required 'professional' level. But that could be a personal thing because I set bars way too high I guess. Talking about that compared to talent, it's remarkable how easy especially young producers nowadays hit a decent skill level (and also know/decide it's good enough). But someone told me once that their brains act way faster in terms of learning and processing, besides the talent they already have. But still, how can you be good in almost everything from start? Music theory, sound design, arranging, mixing, plug-in/hardware/DAW use etc. :dunno:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Pagurida

Pagurida Producer

I believe in ducks, I even love them, preferably grilled with potatoes. :bleh:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

I voted yes ....and i prefer the words "gifted" and "lucky" instead. But in my case, words like bad use of resources, ungrateful, mismanagement, wasted time and 40 years old apply.

15. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

Everybody haw a talent in life but there are the ones that work on it and get better and the ones that not and stay at the 0 point for ever

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

C) I used to

17. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

When someone says thy aren't talented I just assume they're telling the truth.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

I have always found the word "talent" insulting to those of us who have sweat blood to become the musicians we are. Being a multi-instrumentalist, I've heard this thrown around a lot and, though I know most people don't realize the actual definition means an intrinsically ability, or endowed gift, it still grates on me....kind of like when people who have never touched an instrument in their life tell you that they "...just can't play music." I do, however, believe that certain people have minds that are geared more towards learning the arts (much like I have *much learned to make double-plus-good speech-talk with letter-words and stuff,* but I'm awful when it comes to any math that becomes intangible, going beyond the average, day-to-day applications,) but it always surprises me when people think that any consummate skills pertaining to the arts are granted at birth.
    In summary, I voted "No." :rofl:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. elias2tife

elias2tife Producer

ok

20. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

George Harrison- a pretty good icon of someone who wasn't "talented"- in the sense that it didn't come easily to him, he worked HARD to learn to play, as opposed to say, McCartney who could just pick up an instrument and grasp it fairly easily. And yet, even though he was a late bloomer George's songwriting and craft evolved and he had (imo) the best post Beatles career, in addition to writing standards like Taxman and Something- and he developed a style of slide playing that was unique and highly emulated. I don't think it matters how you get there as long as you get there.

But still, if you don't believe you're any good and say so, chances are you're not. An artist has to understand the quality in their own work.

21. Dimentagon

Dimentagon Platinum Record

Acording to my reviews and peers allegedly but hey; I dont believe my own press. Talent (I prefer aptitude) only gets you so far. It may give you a head start when things come naturally. In the end its all about the 10,000 hour rule, or in my case 91980 hour rule.