POLL - Can we have single columns back on Audioz?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by necrophagist, Jan 15, 2014.

?

The return of single columns on audioz?

1. Yes

71.3%
  2. No

16.7%
  3. Dont Mind

12.0%
  1. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

Change is not "better" by default, and change is not always an improvement. It's amazing how creative people could make this commonly error.

2. tater_one

tater_one Kapellmeister

I'm totally fine with the columns. I like how the new site flows. I love how the sidebar on the left stays there no matter where you scroll. I hated having to scroll all the way back to the top to click again. Hated that, so I love the new sidebar.

And @necrophagist. I am happy to see someone that likes metal on here. We need to join forces. Hopefully you love metal and not just that name? Eating of rotten flesh.

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

I don't mind at all.. :thumbsup:
    Great way to exercise brain multitasking :rofl:

4. aussie

aussie Member

I miss the single column. The double just looks to busy IMO. Other than that, I love the new design.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's also amazing how creative people are so resistant to change and there is no better example than Windows 8. In your case I can understand because you're on a widescreen monitor but some people are being really rude about it and they have no excuse at all.

6. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Yes, it is too early too complain. We should at least out of respect try to get used to the new look. But I'm more worried about the colors; it is so modern to use dark obscure colors, but they are not pleasant to me for many reasons; people who don't see well always strain their eyes when trying to discern text within dark environment and the dark colors are always the problem; cooler, but too conspicuos. Generally, I liked Cubase 5 interface far more than 6 and 7, and by that logic I will like the old AudioZ more always than anything dark and conspicuos. Windows 8 is made solely to please touchscreen users which are becoming the biggest market for windows; Windows 7 will be available forever if they don't split Windows into desktop and notebook versions.

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

drdark2
    I'm not so young myself and trust me it was something that was difficult for me to come to terms with and I LOVE dark colors. In fact my eyes hurt a lot while I was running around the forums like a maniac trying to get things done but after a little while I was able to acclimate to the change. Let's see how you feel tomorrow, maybe it will grow on you.

8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Looks like single column is a BIG winner in the Poll.

9. necrophagist

necrophagist Newbie

Wow... Glad most people are on my page... Let's not forget, this poll isn't a dig at the admins or the creators...iIt's for the "audioz" community as a whole.... Happier visitors means better "business" and frequent fresh releases. Let's all take a moment and think about what a previlige it is to have a place like "audioz".... I THANK YOU GREATLY....

10. Mstar

Mstar Newbie

Congrats on the new site, Saint and all the hard work you and others did. It takes time to get used to a new format. let's just give it a week or 2 and really see if 1 column is necessary. NICE WORK!

11. hoffy

hoffy Member

It is really, really ugly. Just my opinion. I have no idea what I'm looking at.

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

What specifically do you find ugly? To me everything looks much snazzier. I don't know I feel like it doesn't matter what it would look like because some people just won't like it no matter what. If we make it look better for you then some other people might not like it. :dunno:

13. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Now that you have said that I am changing my opinion!
    Power of suggestion!!!
    I would have said the same thing if I were vulgarly rude, but now I'm looking at it from
    a different perspective, thanks to you!
    It is not ugly, it is just a bit too obscurely dark.

14. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Looks like people still hate on Windows 8 even though in many ways it's better. People don't like change. *no*

15. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

yes, I will never install windows 8 again either... its massively flawed.

Saying time will heal only means a refusal or hesitance to listen to the large majority of people who disagree.

Different \ Change doesn't always mean better.... 72 to 14.. is a huge margin...:dunno:

16. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Well Windows 8 does have some problems but as a programmer, music producer that manages two popular sites, plays video games, does some photography and pretty much everything under the sun with his computer I have to tell you that it's also better in many many ways from security and efficiency to fun factor. It's the same way that some people are saying the site is ugly and others are saying it's godlike. I already suggested to SAiNT to make a separate link to the old format so those that want it can use it. Personally I was a little uncomfortable with the change in the beginning but now I see why it's actually a lot better at least for me. I truly believe Windows 9 is going to refine the formula and be great and I'm sure that Microsoft needed that time to build on the new foundation that they laid the groundwork for in 8 even though it's hated by a huge margin.

17. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Catalyst,

You are so persistent in defending Windows 8, but can I ask you honestly: don't you think that Windows 8 is sucking up to 'less than average' users and their 'less than real computer' computers?
    I'm mainly refering to the interface; and yes I've heard they've restored the start button in 8.1, but that just proves my point, doesn't it?

18. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I'm defending it because I actually was on XP for 8 years and recently was forced to switch because XP won't be supported much longer and 8 came on a computer I bought. It took me 5 minutes to figure everything out and there is rarely if ever a time when I sit there struggling with how I can possibly accomplish something I used to be able to do. Right click on the Start button and you get a list of useful shortcuts to all the important areas of your computer and the Start screen has all the apps you need. You can even install the button from a 3rd party provider like Stardock.

You don't need the start button. It honestly blows my mind that the button was one of the main reasons people were in such an uproar. They basically replaced the button with a whole start screen with interactive applications. I turn on my computer and after it takes like 20 seconds to boot (and 10 to shutdown) I get to my start screen and I can see the weather, my appointments, the news and many other bits of useful information right there for me. Don't get me wrong there are many things that I don't like about it but I find that a lot of people just never gave it a chance and their complaints are really minutiae in the grand scheme of things. Windows 8 wasn't perfect at rollout but it's slowly getting a lot better. By 9 they should have it down.

19. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

OK, since you're obviously as stubborn as I am (lol), one last question: what do you think of cubase 6/7 interface?...

20. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Has Anybody tried to Rate themselves Yet on Audioz :rofl: LOL

Sorry to hijack :wink: